Metropolitan Pier & Exposition Auth. TRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
According to the application attachments: McCormick Place Complex and Navy Pier, and it's a Motorola P25 system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Active Control Channel on 478.7375. will need to figure out lower and upper base frequencies in order to confirm the system is in use.

Thunderbolt

Global Database Administrator
Active Control Channel on 478.7375. will need to figure out lower and upper base frequencies in order to confirm the system is in use.

Pro96Com should be able to give some good insight on this system. I wonder what the effective range of this TRS is?

73's

Ron

Last edited:

ilgrant

I can hear the control channel out in central Du page County so they are packing a signal! Two other channels associated using Unitrunker (don't have them handy) but no activity was on it.

ToneBurst

Banned for duplicate accounts
Banned
I wish the price of P25 receivers would go down already! I would love to hear these new city systems!

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
This is resurrecting an old post, but Unitrunker is showing this as a TDMA system. Can this be confirmed by anyone else? If this is true, then the entry in the database should be updated accordingly. Haven't seen any voice traffic to see whether it is encrypted or not. Affiliations have been on talkgroups 1 and 2, but no key ups.

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
I heard P25 voice here this past week on TG 13 and (I think) 3 via my BCD-396T. Operations-type traffic seemingly unrelated to security. I hadn't heard anything during very limited monitoring before this.

Last edited:

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
The communication system planned by MPEA will provide internal emergency and non-emergency wireless communications for the entire MPEA Campus. The trunked radio network being implemented that is licensed to operate under call sign WQHC531, will utilize the licensed UHF channels for Campus-wide communications. The trunking technology being deployed will relieve the congestion and drastically improve communications. The new system will also have the capability of providing interoperability with the State of Illinois 800 MHz STARCOM statewide network and the City of Chicago’s Emergency Communication network to allow on-scene coordination in the event of an emergency.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This system appears to be up and running this morning. Seeing Talkgroups 1,3,5,6, 35...so far., Comparing this to Database Channel Layout. and hope to have additions to submit once I can confirm.

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
Radio techs testing on TG 19 today. Haven't heard anything regarding operations from Navy Pier as of yet, Considering the MPEA P25 TRS governs both McCormick Place Complex and Navy Pier. I'm curious to see whats on zones A & C..... SC21,OEMC,CPD,CFD,USCG etc.........

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
East building engineers appear to be on TG 1. The parking lot attendents are on TG 9. PBX is on TG 35. Hope to hear/see new talkgroups become more active in prep for the Bank of America Chicago Marathon Health & Fitness Expo. 10/11-12

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
TG 35

The traffic I've heard on TG 35 indicates the talkgroup is used by hotel engineers at the Hyatt Regency McCormick Place. Most comms I've copied seem to consist of the PBX operator calling an engineer to have them check out a complaint like TV reception issues in guest rooms, etc. I submitted this observation to the RR database page for the system Metropolitan Pier and Exposition Authority (Chicago) Trunking System, Chicago, Illinois - Scanner Frequencies . Have you submitted your observations for TGs 1&9 to Radio Reference?

melvin1987

Premium Subscriber
I haven't submitted any new updates as of yet. Newer talk groups have become more active especially on the weekends (busiest days). The PBX (switchboard) operator must have the ability to broadcast to different users on this system, As you have pointed out mostly on TG 35 engineering. I have yet to hear any traffic regarding operations at Navy Pier. Security, Fire Safety and Pier/Dock operations seem to still utilize the old UHF conventional frequencies and haven't quite transitioned to new P25 system.

KB9WUV

This system is kinda of tricky to figure out I monitor it everyday and still can't confirm all talk groups. So many conversation sound alike on many talk groups. I have about 6 confirmed so far I think. I will continue to work on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.