BERWYN 9-1-1 DISPATCH COMMUNICATIONS 700MHz

Status
Not open for further replies.

N9JIG

Sheriff
Likely intended to replace their T-Band channels.

It could also be used to add to an existing trunked system such as SC21 or CC Sheriff.

retired25

I still hear them on UHF. Are you sure they are not APX7000 700/800 R2 UHF radios?

RADIOGUY2002

Based on the fact that their still using uhf I would say its a safe better to say their uhf. Might have been in over sight by looking at the antenna, apx antenna kinda mess with the principle of tring to cipher out what band its really on. They also might be part of the grant, but from them licensing their own frequencies I would say that they might opt out of starcom 21 for a few reasons at the local level. Makes sense long term, wish more departments understood this instead of getting on the band wagon.

N9JIG

Sheriff
The only appearance difference between the UHF/700/800 APX's and the VHF/700/800 ones are the length of the tri-band* antennas. The VHF ones are marginally longer and indecipherable as such without direct comparison.

I just noticed that the freqs are licensed as conventional (non-trunked) so perhaps they will put up a pair of conventional repeaters. They are licensed for both TDMA and FDMA (Phase 1 and 2). I have never heard of Phase 2 being used in a conventional mode but I suppose it is possible...

I still think they intend on adding these to a trunked system, either the Cook County node or the State node of StarCom21. While this would require a new license for a different service type, once they have the freqs licensed it is fairly easy to change.

* The three bands are 700/800, GPS and either VHF or UHF.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
I've had the two frequencies listed programmed into my PSR-500 since I got it last December and as of today have NOT heard a single peep. Not even a key-up or call sign...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
I've had the two frequencies listed programmed into my PSR-500 since I got it last December and as of today have NOT heard a single peep. Not even a key-up or call sign...

I have them set up as a One Frequency Trunk with both frequencies in the site. As of ten minutes ago, no activity to report. Implementation in July 2018 it says, so keep an ear to it. 2 frequencies, 2 slots each is probably how this will be set up. Might be some low-power usage too, so program accordingly. Keep your fingers crossed for no encryption.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
JUST now I heard a key-up on one of their frequencies (sorry forgot exactly which one it was). Got a NAC of 226.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I doubt it will be two slots per frequency since phase 2 doesn't run in conventional mode. Now if there is one for a control channel and the other as a phase 2 voice channel then they would have 2 frequencies 1 control channel and a 2 slot voice channel which seems like a waste to me since they could get the same results with 2 700 repeater systems in conventional mode either way it will be interesting to see if they stay in the clear.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Well, July 2018 is here and still no activity to report other than the one key-up I received over a month ago...

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
From the FCC:

"This call sign or a component(s) of this call sign is in termination pending status for failure to meet the buildout requirement."

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Well I guess that's "THAT", I did program the freqys in but never heard anything on them, good reason....

Status
Not open for further replies.