DUPAGE Tower 101

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Can anyone using pro96com in the DuPage area help me confirm that tower went full phase 2 today? I am not seeing any phase 2 comms but the channels are showing on pro96com just wondering if anyone can validate my findings and maybe let us know who is using phase 2 on tower 101.
Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I don't have PRO96com "Bob" but I have a hot spot upstairs where I been monitoring T101 and all the usual TG's all say P25 on my 325P2.....Ron in Joliet

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I don't have PRO96com "Bob" but I have a hot spot upstairs where I been monitoring T101 and all the usual TG's all say P25 on my 325P2.....Ron in Joliet
They may have been testing it, I left my computer on last night and pro96com froze overnight so I had to restart it today. I wasn't seeing any P2 traffic either but it wasn't your usual glitch at the same time. The tower created phase 2 channels just like 149 does
Now that my computer is unstuck :( I will see if they pop back up today.
Thanks for the help Ron I will let you know what pops up later today.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
They may have been testing it, I left my computer on last night and pro96com froze overnight so I had to restart it today. I wasn't seeing any P2 traffic either but it wasn't your usual glitch at the same time. The tower created phase 2 channels just like 149 does
Now that my computer is unstuck :( I will see if they pop back up today.
Thanks for the help Ron I will let you know what pops up later today.

No phase 2 activity today on tower 101 I will keep a close eye on it. They had to be testing it as it looked very legitimate and nothing like the glitches sometime seen in the software when decoding levels are low. Also I should add my decoding level never really drops any lower than 90 percent so I am getting very clean packet data
I guess we'll have to wait and see what they do with phase 2

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
I been told that the north towers are mostly all set up for PhaseII but because of severe budget restraints here in IL and municipalities who do not have the funds for new radios that PhaseI will be here for some time even tho towers are capable....All of the Wescom dispatching im hearing now on T113-on SCOM are PhaseI....

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
I been told that the north towers are mostly all set up for PhaseII but because of severe budget restraints here in IL and municipalities who do not have the funds for new radios that PhaseI will be here for some time even tho towers are capable....All of the Wescom dispatching im hearing now on T113-on SCOM are PhaseI....
Well that Wescom tg was running in phase 2 mode. So there has to be some phase 2 traffic down in your area. Have you tried running pro96com or DSDPlus on tower 113. That would give us a definite answer as to whether or not phase 2 is up and running for at least two Talkgroups that I have seen in the will county area. If I can get down that way this week I will check it out. If you have the means to run the above mentioned software it would tell us alot. Another theory I have about phase 2 on tower 101 was maybe NWCD was having coverage issues and they and they're using tower 101 now as well as 149 to make up for dead spots possibly, either way time will tell.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
PLFD TG1001is also WESCOM and is associated now with T101 because of signal issues, if you would see that TG show up would be a good test ....I am not good with using things like pro96com and don't have it , I can do anything with a scanner by hand but am on the stupid side when it comes to upgrading a scanner and software use...Rich Carlson was kind enough to upgrade my 996xt at a CARMA meeting before he left the area...

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
PLFD TG1001is also WESCOM and is associated now with T101 because of signal issues, if you would see that TG show up would be a good test ....I am not good with using things like pro96com and don't have it , I can do anything with a scanner by hand but am on the stupid side when it comes to upgrading a scanner and software use...Rich Carlson was kind enough to upgrade my 996xt at a CARMA meeting before he left the area...
No worries I will try and get down that way one morning this week. 1001 is phase 1 still as far as I can tell. It's the new 33XXX TGS I see running phase 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.