Starcom...which site(s)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times (maybe even by me LOL!!), but I can't seem to find any reference in a search.

Which site(s) is (are) best for reception of Starcom in south suburban Lansing? I have both the Cook - North and Cook - South sites programmed in, but I'm not picking up anything. However, when I scan from the database and I "hold" on the Starcom system, I'm receiving traffic like crazy.

I'm thinking the problem is with the programming, and I'll take a look at it more closely when I get home (at work at the moment), but just wanted to see if maybe there is a "mystery" site I may have missed when I was doing the programming. It's been well over a year since I've had a x36HP type scanner and have used Sentinel, so my programming skills are a wee bit rusty. :D

Thanks in advance for any help / comments / tips and suggestions provided.

Adam

:)

VASCAR2

Make sure you are on ID Search that way you'll pickup any Talk Group whether or not you have the TG programmed into your radio. Check and make sure you have not locked out Groups or individual TG's. You can go into the Starcom 21 settings and unlock all locked out TG's. If your scanner is programmed properly and you don't have the individual sites locked out you should start hearing radio traffic.

MikeyC

I'm sure this question has been asked a thousand times (maybe even by me LOL!!), but I can't seem to find any reference in a search.

Which site(s) is (are) best for reception of Starcom in south suburban Lansing? I have both the Cook - North and Cook - South sites programmed in, but I'm not picking up anything. However, when I scan from the database and I "hold" on the Starcom system, I'm receiving traffic like crazy.

Make sure it's T102 (Cook South) and not T502 (Cook South Simulcast) that you're listening to :) T502 only carries the Cook County Sheriffs radio system and it's all encrypted. I don't know that you'll get T149 (Cook North) that far south ... Maybe T113 (Will County) can be received there

NWI_Scanner_Guy

Make sure it's T102 (Cook South) and not T502 (Cook South Simulcast) that you're listening to. :) T502 only carries the Cook County Sheriffs radio system and it's all encrypted. I don't know that you'll get T149 (Cook North) that far south ... Maybe T113 (Will County) can be received there

Yep, I had the wrong ones programmed in. I now have the correct sites in and am picking up plenty of traffic.

Thanks for the assist MikeyC, I appreciate it.

EDIT: I'll put in the T113 site sometime over the weekend and see if it's "useful" for my area.

Last edited:

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
T113 does not go very far EAST, the last site east is in New Lenox...T102 or you can try T101 DuPage but I cant even get that here in Joliet...I can hear T102, 125, 126 and T113.....

NWI_Scanner_Guy

T113 does not go very far EAST, the last site east is in New Lenox. T102 or you can try T101 DuPage but I cant even get that here in Joliet...I can hear T102, 125, 126 and T113.....

Yeah, didn't pick up anything here in Lansing when using just the T113 frequencies here at work. I'll just stick to the T102 freqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.