CPD Motorola system question

Status
Not open for further replies.

VA3ADP

Premium Subscriber
just out of complete curiosity since the CPD Motorola system is offline, what system has the specialized units moved too?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Conventional Encrypted UHF T BAND channels for right now I hear them when I'm in the city at work nothing is in the clear though. I have also heard rumors that they also use the cook county sheriff system but I cannot confirm that as the entire system is encrypted. I suspect they will come back encrypted when the CPD phase 2 system is working citywide. The good old days of hearing chicago investigations are over if it's not on the zone you not going to hear it.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
The old 800 MHz Motorola Smartnet system was deactivated back in November of last year.

ILjim

Premium Subscriber
Conventional Encrypted UHF T BAND channels for right now I hear them when I'm in the city at work nothing is in the clear though
Could you please elaborate on that? Are you referring to Zones 14-16/Area-Wide Ch's? This is the first I've heard of this.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
None of those are ever active very much. Take a ride through the city and search the T Band 471-483 MHZ something will pop. I honestly can't tell you specifics because it's 100% P25 Encrypted. I've never taken any notes as they are of no consequence you'll never hear a peep on them anyway

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.