W

Drake SW8 late serial number PRICE REDUCED!

Status
This listing is closed.
Type
Want to sell
Condition
Used
Price
$600.00
Expires
Trying to thin out some receivers I don't use that often and this Drake SW8 is a candidate for new ownership. This is a late 1999 production unit as seen by the serial number on the rear. This means that it has all the refinements that Drake incorporated over the production years. All functions work as intended, even AM sync works well. The buyer will get this radio, a copy of the Drake manual and a home made 9 volt noiseless power supply, nothing else is available. The radio runs off six D cell batteries, no evidence of battery leakage or corrosion, batteries not included. The internal antenna has no issues, not broken or bent and fully extends. The only issue with the radio (and it seems to be common with this model) is the carrying handle/bail has a tiny broken tooth on one end. Functionally the handle works fine and raises the front of the radio to a better viewing angle.

As the 1999 versions are scarce on the market this radio is priced accordingly, $600. Shipped free to 48 contiguous states, no international shipping. I take Paypal or USPS money orders only. Check my eBay feedback, 100% with over 1800 comments. My ID is wb4sqi.

Information

Category
Communications Receivers
Author
wb4sqi
Created
Last edited
Views

More listings by wb4sqi