Status
This listing is closed.
Type
Want to sell
Condition
Used
Price
$500.00
There are two problems with this receiver.

1. One of the LEDs is burned out on the S-meter. I have the replacement bulbs and will include them with the radio. You can still read the S-meter perfectly fine as one of the lights is still working.

2. The M-CH knob at the lower right is broken. The M-CH function still works, but the knob was knocked loose when this unit was purchased (damaged in transit). This does not affect normal operation of the receiver in any way. Perhaps you can disassemble the front panel during the LED swap and fix the knob - this is beyond the level of repair I am willing to take on myself, and since it doesn't affect function for me, I never bothered getting it fixed.

The receiver works 100% electrically - and from my experience using it for the last 2 years, sensitivity/selectivity is excellent and stable.

There are no major dents/dings/scratches, just minor wear and tear type marks. I would rate the cosmetics at a solid 8/10.

everything about the receiver: IC-R8500 Communications Receiver - Specifications - Icom America

what is included: (1) R8500 receiver and (1) DC power cord. You must supply your own 5A 12VDC power supply.

Terms: Pay in advance via paypal or check / MO. Funds must clear into my bank before shipment. Paypal, add 3%. I will ship this unit FEDEX GROUND INSURED at no charge for buyers in the continental USA. AK/HI/Canada will be $50 extra. I am not interested in shipping outside the US or Canada, sorry.
Reactions: pmysko
Information

Category
Communications Receivers
Author
batdude
Created
Last edited
Views

More listings by batdude