2013 Huntsville Hamfest, Huntsville Alabama

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB4CS

The 2013 Huntsville Hamfest
Saturday, August 17 and Sunday, August 18
Huntsville, Alabama

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re just two months away from what is sometimes called “The World’s Friendliest Hamfest!" Even though I’m in no way associated with promoting the hamfest, I thought it would be nice to start on thread on RR. This would be a good place to share information about the fest, and provide a way to stay in touch for those of us RR Forum Members that plan on attending.

I’m not sure of the actual numbers, but I’ve heard many say that the Huntsville Hamfest is one of the largest hamfests in the Southeast. I’ve attended almost every year since 1994, and the turnout is usually very high. If you’d like to get an idea of the size of the hamfest, pictures from the 2011 Huntsville Hamfest (I couldn’t find any pictures from 2012) are located in the September 2011 edition of the Huntsville Amateur Radio Clubs newsletter here: http://www.harc.net/vox/2011/VOX-2011-09.pdf

· Large Flea Market section
· Tailgate section
· Several vendors will be there to showcase and sell ham radio gear
· Amateur Radio exams provided by CAVEC
· Forums and Discussions on various radio topics
· Drawings and prizes!
· DX Card Checking: Representatives will be available to field check your DX cards for DXCC credit. Visit the NADXC booth for information.
· Young Ham of the Year (YHOTY) — The YHOTY will be awarded at the Huntsville Hamfest.
· Ted Randall's QSO Radio Show will be broadcasting live from the hamfest
· HRO Atlanta D*STAR repeater — WB4HRO will be at the show and will be on the gateway. freqs = 440.7125 +5; 1284.4500 -12
· Hotel Specials — See the Hamfest special hotel rates!
· Limited, first-come, RV parking available

Talk-in frequency is on the Huntsville Amateur Radio Club repeater N4HSV 146.940 (-) PL 100.0 Talk-in operates under the call sign of K4BFT

For more information, check out the Huntsville Hamfest on the web at http://hamfest.org
Keep a watch on the hamfest website, as I'm sure it will be updated with forum schedules and a list of vendors once it's closer to the hamfest weekend!

Look forward to possibly meeting some of my fellow RR Forum Members at the Hamfest!

Last edited:

WB4CS

One month away from the Huntsville Hamfest!

If any members of RR plan to attend and would like to say hello to the infamous WB4CS, let me know!

The list of forums that will be at the hamfest as of 7/4/13. I'm personally looking forward to the forums on Solar Cycle Update, SETI discussion, and to hear Rob Sherwood NC0B speak about some of the new radios on the market.
http://hamfest.org/ForumList.pdf

It should be a very large turnout, so come on down to Alabama! :)

BamaScan

Premium Subscriber
I have attended the Huntsville Ham Fest in 2012 and the year ARRL had their confrence there. I will miss the 2013 Ham Fest this year due to a lack of funds. Have fun. The Hotel Rooms there get full very quick so book now.

WB4CS

Just a few more days until the Huntsville Hamfest!

The website has been updated with more information. Looks like all of the flea market tables are sold out. Should be a lot of used equipment to browse through!
Huntsville Hamfest -- The World's Friendliest Hamfest!

The forums list has been updated, and there's also a schedule for Saturday and Sunday forums.

Talk in is on the 146.940- (100.0) repeater.

I'm looking forward to attending this year, hopefully a few folks from RR can attend! During the hamfest I will be listening on my handheld on the local repeater I use, 147.220+ (136.5). I'll be using simplex on the repeater output inside the hamfest. Feel free to say hello!

Status
Not open for further replies.