Raytown ARC Hamfest

Status
Not open for further replies.

KC0KM

KC0KM

Just a few more days, and the Raytown ARC will have our Hamfest!!

The main doorprize will be a duel band mobile radio, and second will be a duel band HT.

We will be having VE testing, starting at 9:00. Also Hams In Space, a demostration on AMSAT, with a hands on demo (weather permitting).

This is a new place this year, since last years was so successful. There will be plenty of room, and parking for all. Come one come all, and see one of the last Hamfests in the Kansas City Area.

KC0KM

As for our Hamfest it went okay -- I guess. I really did not get to see much of it, as I was one of the VE's. We had 11 (I think) take tests, three of which made Extra. There where several who made General, and a few Techs. One poor guy took his General three times (and failed all three). All in all it was a good time.

KD0PEZ

I was there at the hamfest. I scored up two radios (Icom IC-3220A, and a Radio Shack HTX-252), as well as a Kenwood 5 band EQ...and I managed to sell off some CB gear I had to a guy in Pleasant Hill. All in all I thought it went well. One thing I was glad to see is this year there was more space - last year you couldn't walk anywhere without bumping elbows with someone.

KC0KM

Glad you could come. Yes, this was a much better place than last year, which was our first. Sadly I really did not get to see much of it, as I was in the testing room most of the time. It was very successful for us, and we will in all likelihood have it there next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.