RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Amateur Radio > Clubs, Contests & Events

Clubs, Contests & Events - A forum to discuss upcoming events, contests and to discuss local clubs and club activities.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-08-2016, 5:52 PM

Default Melbourne, FL hamfest, Oct 7th-8th 2016

Just an announcement. The Melbourne, FL hamfest will be October 7th and 8th this year.

Come and bring lots of 1 dollar bills. I've got lots of stuff to get rid of and I just want it gone. I'll be tailgating.
Old 10-04-2016, 8:12 PM

As per an announcement released today by PCARS.ORG, the Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society, the Melbourne hamfest has been rescheduled for two weeks later due to the incoming hurricane.

Quote:
Ham Friends,

Due to Hurricane Matthew the Melbourne Hamfest and ARRL Florida State Convention has been postponed 2 weeks until October 21th and 22nd. If you have ordered swap tables and/or Tickets, they will still be honored.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

Click here for the Melbourne Hamfest Website.

Don Winn AF4Z
Hamfest Chairman
Old 10-04-2016, 10:41 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default but

hurricanes make for better listening.
much better than the old snow plows.
Old 10-22-2016, 4:49 PM

It's over, and it was fun. For me, selling off excess equipment, I would say it was a surprisingly successful
and well attended hamfest, considering that it was rescheduled two weeks due to Hurricane Matthew, and thus that caused scheduling issues with a lot of the regular larger vendors.

Just one bad thing happened: Apparently, someone decided to appropriate my VHF Astro Saber III without bothering to pay for it.

They're not worth a lot these days anyway. But I truly despise a thief and he does NOT want me to catch him. Oh, I'll call the police and let them handle it...AFTER other things happen.

It's a fully whored out VHF ASIII and I have the serial and flash information on file. It has some distinctive features that I will not define on the forum. People interested in knowing more can PM me about it.

There is a reward for its recovery.
Old 10-22-2016, 6:03 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sorry to hear this. I called you numerous times on 446 MHz to try a FTF. Nice cool weather, the coolest in years, but the tailgate area was quite empty with the missing vendors.
Old 10-22-2016, 6:28 PM

I was inside with four tables, mostly full of test equipment, and a bunch of Icom M710 HF marine radios.

I did listen on 446 and called a few times.
Old 10-22-2016, 6:32 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sorry I missed you. I do remember seeing those marine radios on the table. Maybe Orlando?
Old 10-22-2016, 11:30 PM

I will probably be at the Orlando hamfest. I MAY bring stuff to sell at an inside table.

Last edited by ElroyJetson; 10-22-2016 at 11:36 PM..