Trying to locate an NMO-to-BNC adaptor

Status
Not open for further replies.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
I came across this on the web:

liscanner101-albums-antenna-info-picture3801-s71bnc.jpg

But I only need the top part (which I assume is an NMO mount with a BNC female on top). I don't need the magmount and coax.

I want to get one to experiment with some BNC antennas I have. Does anyone know of where I can buy one?

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Can't say I've seen a BNC (F) to NMO adapter. I have seen a UHF (F) to NMO adapter. You could add a UHF (M) to BNC (F) adapter to it and have what you need.
BB

LIScanner101

My understanding is that adapters per se are not the issue, it's more the use of SO-239's at 800MHz frequencies.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I run an 800MHz trunked system, and while we don't use UHF connectors, I have used them on temporary installs. You won't notice a difference.

The right way to do it, rather than trying to use any adapter, is to just install a proper 800MHz NMO antenna. If you are concerned about adapters, impedance bumps, SWR mismatch, loss, etc, then you really need to bypass all adapters and use the correct antenna. An NMO antenna is going to be cheaper than an adapter like what you are looking for.

But, really, you are splitting hairs.

LIScanner101

Thanks for the replies. The more I think about it, for what I'm doing ( a quick experiment) I think I can get away with an NMO-to-UHF mount and then add a UHF to BNC female so I can put my antennas on & off quickly.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Thanks for the replies. The more I think about it, for what I'm doing ( a quick experiment) I think I can get away with an NMO-to-UHF mount and then add a UHF to BNC female so I can put my antennas on & off quickly.

An NMO antenna is going to go on and off almost as fast as a BNC connector. You really are splitting hairs.

Sent from an unknown place...

Status
Not open for further replies.