The Antenna Farm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KB0VWG

I think they go on vacation, The same thing happen to me before and found out they were on vacation, there website is still up and active.
kb0vwg

oldheliguy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply KBOVWG, I did see a notice that they were closed for the holidays but reopened after, one would think they would put a notice if they were closed for any reason.

KB0VWG

Thanks for the reply KBOVWG, I did see a notice that they were closed for the holidays but reopened after, one would think they would put a notice if they were closed for any reason.

I ordered something from them a few years ago and I dont know what the issue was with my order so I tried to call them and email them I think and never did a response until they came back and then they told me then they were on vacation. So that is my guess this time too.
I have been happy with there stuff otherwise.
kb0vwg

Dosco5

They're semi-closed. The owner is out of service at the moment, unsure if they'll ever be back. Not seeming likely. I used them for a lot of items, don't know where to go now for my stuff...

oldheliguy

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for your reply. I had sent a message on the contact page of their site and the owners wife replied saying there was an illness and yes not sure if he will return. Their prices were very good, just bought a BCD536HP and was wanting a Diamond D130NJ antenna and LMR-400UF Coax and fittings.
DX Engineering has the next best prices so far but not as good as The Antenna Farm

cash082

Premium Subscriber
Another alternative would be ordering from Tessco. They are usually cheaper than everyone, just you need to order a certain amount minimum to get good pricing. Think it's 50 dollar or 100 dollar order minimums.

ASAD

I had a bad experience with The Antenna Farm about 2 years ago but recently placed an order with them again anyway. They shipped it to the wrong address and I requested to cancel. I went with Tessco.

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
Their website is down. Anybody know of a website that is not crazy high? I need a laird qwb152 and a magnetic mount in black and I haven't found either that was anywhere near their price.

Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
6897c449f543fd3034390fb8632de899.jpg
looks like they will be down for a while to me

Motorola HT1550•XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

trp2525

Their website is down. Anybody know of a website that is not crazy high? I need a laird qwb152 and a magnetic mount in black and I haven't found either that was anywhere near their price.

I have used Economy 2-Way Distributors, Inc. in Laconia, New Hampshire for some of my antenna needs in the past with good results. I found their pricing on what I was purchasing to be very good and their service was prompt/reliable with reasonable shipping costs.

Here's a link to their website including phone and email contact information: Economy 2-Way Distributors Inc. - Two Way Radios, Batteries, Accessories

jwt873

Premium Subscriber
I see today that their web web page is gone completely. Theantennafarm.com It's just a blank grey page with "This Domain Name Has Expired". Too bad. I didn't buy a lot from them, but it's always nice to have options.

trp2525

I see today that their web web page is gone completely. Theantennafarm.com It's just a blank grey page with "This Domain Name Has Expired". Too bad. I didn't buy a lot from them, but it's always nice to have options.

+1

I found their prices to be very good to excellent and their shipping charges were quite reasonable compared to some other vendors, especially for very small orders.

It seems they are done with business.. So what alternative shops do we have besides the big companies ie HRO, Dx Engineering etc?

apx7000xe

Premium Subscriber
I ordered a laird qwb152 from wiscomm. They were excellent. Same price as antenna farm.

Motorola HT1550?XLS | Motorola HT1250 | Motorola CP200XLS | Kenwood TK-790 | Motorola Minitor VI

Status
Not open for further replies.