Estes Park Flooding tonight, as paged

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Just heard some Larimer County Dive Team and Search/Rescue units enroute to the EP command post from Ft Collins.

Jim<

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Just heard some Larimer County Dive Team and Search/Rescue units enroute to the EP command post from Ft Collins.

Jim<

Now *THAT* was something I *DIDN'T* want to hear this early `in the game'!

I will admit that when I saw your initial post I was `kind of' `happy' because I'd won a bet with a neighbor about just when this flooding would be happening. I wasn't expecting that they'd be calling out SAR this soon. This is something that Estes Park really doesn't need after everything else they've had to deal with even though they've always had a history of getting flooded. {GRIMACE!}

Thanks for getting the info out.

Warbirdhunter

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone

In `relation' to your boat comment...

SWMBO's `Great-Great-Greats' who homesteaded this place back in the *late* 1800s / *early* 1900s chose this particular chunk of land because she feared tornados and he feared floods. Even then it has been an `almost ritual' for those who live here to *always* keep a watch on the Saint Vrain `Creek' and the South Platte (Especially around the Platteville area.). While we, SWMBO and I, aren't too worried about any floods, except maybe one of *Biblical* proportions (WAN GRIN!}, we *have* `made it through?' / `dodged the bullet?' *3* tornados including the one that went through Windsor and another that took our neighbor's, in the field on the North side of the road, WCR 26, on the North side of our property, brand new centre-pivot irrigation rig and turned it into a couple 2 -3 pretzels right before his and our eyes (*If* he hadn't taken the time to drop in for a `chat' he'd have been out in that very field making some setup `adjustments' to the rig! *We* had just gotten home from town and part of the conversation was about `how windy it had suddenly gotten' any *maybe* I should go inside and grab a scanner to see if there was any `chatter' about possible tornado alerts! Talk about the `pucker factor' as we watched it hit and then bounced further North to North North East!! [Now days I've got SAME Weather radios in all the buildings/houses, have at least one scanner trying to listen to the "Spotter-net" freqs (BTW, are they using the 91.5PL this year?), and carry a scanner if I'm not inside.]). With this year's somewhat `early?' start with everything, while we aren't `insanely worried?' about ourselves, we *are* *extremely* worried for all our assorted friends and acquaintances who *are* living, and working, where floods and tornados *are* a more than just a `passing?' probability! *All* of you here on RR where that *is* such a probabilty *please* take care!!! I *don't* want to read, and / or pass on, that *any* of you might have `shuffled off this mortal coil' nor have suffered a grevious injury because of either thing happening!

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth. {GRIMACE!}

Oh, yeah... {VB GRIN!} Please don't beat me Moderator! I'll get back `on topic?' when/if I make another post here.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Not Estes Park but this was running the Slauterhouse Rapid near Aspen over the weekend;

Jim<

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.