New Police TG for Denver Intl Airport on the Denver Public Safety EDACS

Status
Not open for further replies.

dw2872

New Police talk group on-the-air for Denver Intl Airport on the Denver Public Safety EDACS

TG-1655

First heard on Jan 2, 2013 around 4:30 pm and has been very busy ever since. The dispatch radio or LID is 615 and 660 (probably others) and the police unit call signs start with 9XX.

I'll admit I have not been paying attention to the DPD - DIA relationship lately. Is this the DPD Airport Bureau? I am wondering if this is a new patch channel or if it is a new TG they are going to use full-time.

Is anybody up to speed on this?

Thanks!

dw2872

I just found DIA PD-1 in the RR database under Aurora's EDACS system but never heard it on there and it is not currently on Aurora. I am hearing TG-1655 on Denver's Public Safety EDACS instead.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
DIA is run by the City and County of Denver so the officers at DIA are DPD officers. All of the Denver EDACS systems have a single set of TG's so in the event of one system failing, TG duplication isn't a problem if users switch to another system for back up reasons.

I'm guessing that Aurora has some of the public safety side TG's for mutual aid reasons. I've heard DIA on Aurora a while back, but not recently.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Not really new talkgroups in the recent sense

DPD 1 Talkgroup moved to 1655 and Paramedic Talkgroup moved to 1657 several years ago on the DIA EDACS system.

EDACS systems in the area have roaming capabilities for system users and it is not uncommon to see this occur on a random basis.

dw2872

DPD 1 Talkgroup moved to 1655 and Paramedic Talkgroup moved to 1657 several years ago on the DIA EDACS system

I wouldn't have been able to tell that happened by looking at the RR database.

Also, the last time DPD DIA police popped up on TG-1651 on Denver's EDACS was October 4, 2012 and that ended at 7:30 pm. So it has been a while since they have been on Denver's system. I am thinking that is probably why nobody submitted it to the Denver DB since it is a very rare occurrence.

Then again, I have not seen this TG on Aurora's in the last few months either. Does anyone listen to them occasionally? Where have you heard DPD DIA units? In the last few months, not 1655 on either system until Jan 2, 2013...

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I have heard DIA DPD on 1655 on both Denver and Aurora's system. They are always at the airport. I wana say someone went through the radio and found the TG they wanted to talk on, just on the wrong system.

dw2872

All the 9XX DIA PD units have been on the Denver system TG non-stop since Jan 2, 2013 at 4:30. I was surprised to be able to hear them at all now regularly.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
OK...
DW, 1655 has been our primary dispatch TG at the airport for at least 3 years. It's on the radio as "DIA DPD 1". I don't know why you're suddenly hearing us there, because we've been there all along.
We do now have citywide all-calls broadcast from downtown, but that's a relatively recent addition (last 6 months or so.) If you're hearing us on the Denver PS system or Aurora's, perhaps they (finally) decided to monitor us. Other than DFD's link for their purposes, we don't monitor the city or Aurora.

dw2872

I don't know why you're suddenly hearing us there, because we've been there all along

Good question, and that's why I put the question up here. I wonder what changed (or what got added).

If you're hearing us on the Denver PS system or Aurora's, perhaps they (finally) decided to monitor us. Other than DFD's link for their purposes, we don't monitor the city or Aurora.

I see this TG was always on DIAs trunked system which I don't hear from my location. Well it looks like Denver does finally want to monitor DPD at DIA... and now the rest of us get to also. :)

Last edited:

lazierfan

Feed Provider
OK...
DW, 1655 has been our primary dispatch TG at the airport for at least 3 years. It's on the radio as "DIA DPD 1". I don't know why you're suddenly hearing us there, because we've been there all along..

If a hobbyist relies on the RadioReference database for the download to the scanner, I can understand why it wasn't heard.. The TG was just placed there today. I manually added it to my Win500 list but future downloaders will have it in their radio.

dw2872

Yep, Erik just updated them today... Thanks Erik!

Also, note the following info on those TGs on any systems not DIA... "These Talkgroups are not active all the time on this system. They are only active occasionally for roaming or backup purposes. If you wish to monitor these Talkgroups, monitor their home system"

Changed Talkgroup Category: Denver International Airport to Denver International Airport abqscan 2013-01-06 12:17:12

Updated General Trunked System Information abqscan 2013-01-06 12:15:56

Changed Talkgroup Category: Denver International Airport to Denver International Airport abqscan 2013-01-06 12:15:19

Added Talkgroup 1655 Denver International Airport Police Channel-1 abqscan 2013-01-06 12:12:11

Last edited:

dw2872

All of the Denver EDACS systems have a single set of TG's so in the event of one system failing, TG duplication isn't a problem if users switch to another system for back up reasons.

I'm guessing that Aurora has some of the public safety side TG's for mutual aid reasons. I've heard DIA on Aurora a while back, but not recently.

This is great for back-up and mutual aid. This is good to know. Thanks!

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
So if I just put TG 1655 & TG 1657 in Denver bank could I hit them up north? Would I have to put in a different CC?

lazierfan

Feed Provider
The way my PRO-106 worked, all that needed to be done was to add the two talkgroups to the chart. I was receiving the DIA traffic immediately, it worked as though 1655 had always been in the DTRS system on my radio. It picked up all the parameters all the rest of the talkgroups possessed.

So if I just put TG 1655 & TG 1657 in Denver bank could I hit them up north? Would I have to put in a different CC?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator

Think of TG 1655 as an on demand patch. It isn't on all the time, however, if you monitor Denver and see this TG, the database will reflect what it is.

Spirit

Premium Subscriber
When I put this TG 1655 & 1657 in my EDACS Denver bank it keeps putting it as 00-000. What should I do to get it to take these TG's?

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
Try putting in 12-147 for 1655, and 12-151 for 1657.

n0doz

Premium Subscriber
Hearing DIA on the PS trunk must be a "side" function of the all-call broadcasts I mentioned above. I didn't realize that they would just leave it linked all the time. Cool!

dw2872

We do now have citywide all-calls broadcast from downtown, but that's a relatively recent addition (last 6 months or so.) If you're hearing us on the Denver PS system or Aurora's, perhaps they (finally) decided to monitor us.

It's mind-bending to think that DPD's All-Call TG-512 (04-000) (used for armed robbery, officer needs assistance etc broadcasts) on the Denver system is simulcast onto the DIA system's TG-1655 (12-147) for DIA officers to hear (using radio ID 23) and then we can hear that same all-call re-broadcast (in the DIAs mix of police and the all-call) back onto the Denver system's re-broadcast of TG-1655.

Status
Not open for further replies.