Broomfield to remain on DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.

greenthumb

Colorado DB Administrator
Database Admin
Older news from June, but this confirms that Broomfield will be staying on DTRS and will not move to FRCC. I'm sure this is much to FRCC's disappointment since Broomfield has money :)

The MOU between CCNC agencies and the State of Colorado reads interestingly though, particularly in section 4.7 where it appears that they are trying to stop the bleeding of big agencies off of the system. This makes me wonder if that's what is actually pushing some of these agencies away so quickly and what's to come for those agencies who stay over the next five years.

Attachments

• 9d_Memo.pdf
    619.1 KB · Views: 333

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Do you really think the prospect of bailing and then shelling out $1,042.30 a month for 60 months is going to cause a major agency to think twice? That's less than the takings from an hour of traffic court!

greenthumb

Database Admin
Broomfield doesn't have a substantial investment in the system - they have just a small handful of consoles and channels. I'm talking about someone with a large investment of tens of channels and close to tens of consoles where you would quadruple (or more) that number. Government budgets still don't have a lot of unexpected wiggle room, so I'm not sure that a county with a big infrastructure investment (Douglas, Jeffco, Ft Collins, Mesa County, etc) would be able to swing it. And in most cases, a government entity can't commit money from future budgets, so in those cases they would probably need to pay it all at once in one year.

Just my opinion though...

Last edited:

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Will North Metro Fire be able to communicate with both Broomfield and AdCom on the same TG, as they can now?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
If North Metro stays on the DTRS side it would be a matter of say ADCOM having a couple of base stations linked to the condole talking in to DTRS to access the main TG and FG's.

Similar situation with Mountain View with operations in Boulder County and Weld County on which system they end up on as well.

This could get complicated if agencies let it.

kjk681

Premium Subscriber

greenthumb

Database Admin
Will North Metro Fire be able to communicate with both Broomfield and AdCom on the same TG, as they can now?

My understanding is that FRCC will be putting in ISSI to resolve that issue. Not sure where the radios will actually be but it's almost a sure bet that NMF would be one of the agencies that will have both systems in their radios. Perhaps OPS-A will be on FRCC and OPS-B on DTRS with dispatch on both?

Status
Not open for further replies.