Radio Shack Triple Trunking Pro-163 Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

traversing

Looking for information, is there a programming service offered for programming the Pro-163? Looking to get it loaded up with as many Colorado frequencies as it will hold and not having to be the one entering them in. Thanks

kf5bti

If you buy the programming cable you can download a free trial of the software which greatly simplifies programming. I forget how long the trail is good for but it doesn't limit the features but it only works for x number of days before you have to purchase the full copy to keep using it. If you don't ever make changes then there is little need to purchase the software itself. I personally own a copy because I like to program different areas I am in based on my travels.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
Understand that the 163 isn't capable of picking APCO P25 systems, and the majority of public safety in Colorado is on that system.

ecanderson

Premium Subscriber
It gets worse. Soon we'll be seeing systems (Denver looks to be the first) moving to APCO 25 'Phase II' and all but the newest of the digital trunkers won't be able to deal with that. As for Radio Shack, they are not yet selling a model that copes. Uniden seems to have been the first to jump on this with their BCD436HP/BCD536HP handheld/base pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.