Evergreen Wildland

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Off Skyline Drive requesting more tankers and engines for structure protection.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
EVERGREEN, Colo. -- Firefighters battled a small wildland fire in Evergreen that threatened at least one home. The fire was extinguished within an hour.

The blaze was reported in the 5900 block of South Skyline Drive, east of Highway 73, and southeast of the downtown area.

Evergreen Fire Public Information Officer Einer Jensen told 7News the fire burned only 1/2 acre before it was contained.

About 25 firefighters tackled the field fire which burned within 50 yards of a house, but there were no evacuations.

Fire officials don't know what caused the blaze.

Jensen said it was the third wildfire to erupt in the area in three weeks.

He said the fire danger is high because it is so dry, and firefighters are using as many resources as possible to keep flames from spreading.

Prescribed burns were under way Monday in nearby the Mt. Evans Wilderness area.

Thanks Jim. I was at a funeral in Bolder, and had a voice mail from a friend on Bear Mtn overlooking Evergreen, She said this was near my home, I live right there. By the time I got home about 2PM, the fire station (#1) was full (a good sign), and the scanner was quiet. The dogs were safe. Anyone with loving dogs, not to mention family, fears for this type of event. It has been an unusual season for these events. Thanks for the info...

Status
Not open for further replies.