MNN Radio

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mpg0515

Hey Jim,

What are the frequencies and TG's (if you have them) again for the LTR system you guys use? I can't seem to find the earlier thread about this. I was given a Pro-92 and am interested in figuring out how to track LTR systems? I know that they have to be in LCN so I figure I would start with a system that knows the LCN for sure. I have played with a couple of LTR systems locally and just can't seem to get them to track correnctly.
Thanks...

Thayne

He probably won't tell you--:)

If not, we will see what we can do.

(hint)=T-REX

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Thayne said:
He probably won't tell you--:)

If not, we will see what we can do.

(hint)=T-REX

Why would I not tell, nothing secret about the system in the least but we have very limited to no coverage in the Fort Collins, Wellington areas. Primary repeater side is SW of Chatfield afterall.

Jim<

luke-1

Here you go Mike-

(1)-454.0750
(5)-461.0500
(7)-454.1250
(12)-452.7500
(13)-454.3250

TG's-
MNN-1 0-07-005
MNN-2 0-13-005

Luke

M

mpg0515

luke-1 said:
Here you go Mike-

(1)-454.0750
(5)-461.0500
(7)-454.1250
(12)-452.7500
(13)-454.3250

TG's-
MNN-1 0-07-005
MNN-2 0-13-005

Luke

Thanks Luke for the info. Does anyone know on the Pro-92 if the frequencies have to be programmed into the channels that are listed. i.e 454.075 has to be programmed on memory#1, 461.050 on memory#5 etc.

M

mpg0515

jimmnn said:
Why would I not tell, nothing secret about the system in the least but we have very limited to no coverage in the Fort Collins, Wellington areas. Primary repeater side is SW of Chatfield afterall.

Jim<

Jim you would be surprised what I can hear up hear in my little town! Afterall Denver is line of site to me, Wellington is at about 5250ft. I can actually hear this LTR system 100%. There is some interference sometimes from pagers though

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Ok I am finally back in town for good for a while. So how many people are on MNN radio now that can transmit? I should be up and monitoring again here this afternoon.

Dave

dougjgray

On my Pro97 I have to have put them in the appropriate channel ie 454.075 is in 1, 461.05 in 5, 452.750, has to be in 12 etc and the bank set to LTR to trunk properly, From memory when I had a 92 I dont think it mattered what order I think the scanner just searched for the ID response if the bank and Freq was set to LTR (ussually the same channel, Kinda like I think motorolla systems worked with the Pro-92) but that was with the AMR system I listened to and I haven had a 92 for a couple years.

mpg0515 said:
Thanks Luke for the info. Does anyone know on the Pro-92 if the frequencies have to be programmed into the channels that are listed. i.e 454.075 has to be programmed on memory#1, 461.050 on memory#5 etc.

M

mpg0515

dougjgray said:
On my Pro97 I have to have put them in the appropriate channel ie 454.075 is in 1, 461.05 in 5, 452.750, has to be in 12 etc and the bank set to LTR to trunk properly, From memory when I had a 92 I dont think it mattered what order I think the scanner just searched for the ID response if the bank and Freq was set to LTR (ussually the same channel, Kinda like I think motorolla systems worked with the Pro-92) but that was with the AMR system I listened to and I haven had a 92 for a couple years.

Ok, yeah it does not seem to matter what memory channels that you put them into. I like that feature of the Pro-92, I just wish that like the Pro-96 it actually truly decoded CTCSS/DCS. i.e. you won't hear anything elso other than a 156.7pl. The Pro-92 only displays the info, which to me seems kind of worthless to even program in a pl/dpl into memory if it will just automatically decode it..

dougjgray

mpg0515 said:
Ok, yeah it does not seem to matter what memory channels that you put them into. I like that feature of the Pro-92, I just wish that like the Pro-96 it actually truly decoded CTCSS/DCS. i.e. you won't hear anything elso other than a 156.7pl. The Pro-92 only displays the info, which to me seems kind of worthless to even program in a pl/dpl into memory if it will just automatically decode it..

Well I think you have to do it by bank on the 92, if the bank is in closed mode it will only hear channels programmed with the code if recieved so you might try that!

Thayne

I don't know if it was a train, but it just popped into my brain and I typed it:)

I probably would have answered the question if nobody else did--no more no less

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
mpg0515 said:
dougjgray said:
Well I think you have to do it by bank on the 92, if the bank is in closed mode it will only hear channels programmed with the code if received so you might try that!
With the PRO-92/2067 once you've input the PL/DPL, or whatever you want to call them, you *have* to make the band `closed' for it to then only let whatever you have `toned' through without letting anything else on the freq through. AFAIK it's basically the same way with the PRO-96/2096s and PRO-97/2055s at least that has been the way I've been doing it with them. You can also just enter `0.0' for the `tone' and even in the `closed' mode it will continue `searching' for `tones' and then once you've figured out which `tone' it is you want to listen to you just hit the `enter' key and it will be stored with that freq and that will be all that it will let through afterwards.

M

mpg0515

Halfpint said:
With the PRO-92/2067 once you've input the PL/DPL, or whatever you want to call them, you *have* to make the band `closed' for it to then only let whatever you have `toned' through without letting anything else on the freq through. AFAIK it's basically the same way with the PRO-96/2096s and PRO-97/2055s at least that has been the way I've been doing it with them. You can also just enter `0.0' for the `tone' and even in the `closed' mode it will continue `searching' for `tones' and then once you've figured out which `tone' it is you want to listen to you just hit the `enter' key and it will be stored with that freq and that will be all that it will let through afterwards.

Thanks! Now that works. See for CTCSS/DPL with the Pro-96 you do not have to have it in closed mode to "truly decode" the tone. But I'm glad that putting the Pro-92 into closed mode it "fixes" that.

Status
Not open for further replies.