Hummer Police Cars

Status
Not open for further replies.

RISC777

Reminds me of Cali.'s H1s the national park rangers have around Death Valley and such (had, at least). Very well setup with, like, everything. [Including a 12-gauge locked to the center of the dash.] At the time I was so wishing hard I had some kind of a camera with me.

RISC777

Should call my sister-in-law and have her keep an eye out for sell-offs of those H1s when or as they retire them.

RISC777

Polizei

Other countries get some interesting vehicles also . . . I've also got a Gallardo police car image somewhere, just can't find it.

Attachments

• Polizei.jpg
    Polizei.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 822
  • Polizei 2.jpg
    Polizei 2.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 1,946
Last edited:
M

mpg0515

Grog said:
As well as a trailblazer, as that is very close to whats under the skin.

This is just a shock to people (read the original article) because no one has really done it around here before. If you watch CSI Miami there are a couple there........lol

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Saw the Lone Tree H3's at the CSPD funeral on Monday. Very impressive looking vehicle.
I hear Dodge is making a Magnum police package, and the EPSO may be getting a few. Supposedly only about $18K.

fairrpe86

I believe Arapahoe County is having some Magnums and Chargers being built fro them by AveTech right now but not sure. I had heard rumors from a few at ACSO that they were getting some this year but not sure if they are actually in yet

Troop

Believe it or not...the Hummer is pursuit rated. The State tested one out but determined that it would suck for our purpose...we're getting about 20 chargers whenever they start pumping the police model out.

GTO_04

epbernstein said:
I wonder how it would fare in a high-speed pursuit...

Just fine, just as long as they don't try to make any high speed turns................And I would not expect neck-snapping acceleration unless they are highly modded.

GTO_04

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Lone Tree PD really needs an H3 for a cruiser. What a gimmick. The H3 is a trailblazer frames and powertrian under a different body style. And the trailblazer is actually made by isuzu it is there acsender model of suv. Chevy just sticks a chevy engine in the vehicle and calls it a trailblazer and now an H3

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Some of us have a somewhat "faster" means of pursuit...

thm_roysisco1_jpg.jpg

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Actually I caught a glimpse of this brand new unit over at the Burns Flat OHP school the other day. Nice

exped110.jpg

KAA951

Premium Subscriber
Thought you might find one of our 2006 V-8 Hemi Chargers interesting...

Attachments

• KS Charger.JPG
    KS Charger.JPG
    77.1 KB · Views: 2,725

retroactiv

that charger is about the coolest patrol car I think I've ever seen. I know if I was a crack dealer and saw one of those come around the corner I'm not going to get my Linclon Continental far in the pursuit...

Status
Not open for further replies.