Monitoring Larimer, Boulder & Weld counties

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moosemedic

Greetings to the group.

I had a couple of questions about scanning in Northern Colorado.I'm mainly interested in Fire and EMS for an area from Estes Park to Greeley, south of the Wyoming Border through Boulder.

I understand the state DTRS is in operation, but there are still a significant number of agencies listed in those two counties on VHF freq's. The database seems to be well maintained and this is why I'm confused

Are these VHF Freq's still active?
Are all of the operations patched to the DTRS or did they just hold off on the changeover?
Would a conventional (analog) scanner pick up the majority of the agenices in this area?

Thanks

RISC777

Boulder County, yes, they aren't on the statte DTRS. Larimer and Weld Counties are on the state DTRS. My understanding is the VHF (and any UHF) freqs are for paging purposes primarily.

I'm sure you'll get more responses that will fill in whatever blanks remain.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Moosemedic said:
Greetings to the group.

I had a couple of questions about scanning in Northern Colorado.I'm mainly interested in Fire and EMS for an area from Estes Park to Greeley, south of the Wyoming Border through Boulder.

I understand the state DTRS is in operation, but there are still a significant number of agencies listed in those two counties on VHF freq's. The database seems to be well maintained and this is why I'm confused

Are these VHF Freq's still active?
Are all of the operations patched to the DTRS or did they just hold off on the changeover?
Would a conventional (analog) scanner pick up the majority of the agenices in this area?

Thanks

Boulder County = VHF
Larimer County = Rural agencies are VHF but Fort Collins and Loveland are DTRS.
Weld County = Mainly DTRS with a few VHF channels still in use.

Remember there are also two 24/7 online feeds for Loveland and Ft Collins which cover the area well.

Jim<

rickak

Outside the PFA and Loveland Fire Dept's, Larimer county is still VHF. The DB is accurate. Most activity will be on the Larimer SO channels 1-3, Firenet, and the PVH north channel (which is the HEAR channel the PVH ambulances will use when responding north of ft collins). Loveland Fire does simulcast on VHF still. Loveland disaptching includes Thompson Valley EMS. (301, 311, 321, etc)

Weld is pretty much all DTRS, though the old Weld Fire channels A and B still are used for station tones and ground operations at times. I do not think Weld paramedics is on VHF/UHF at all anymore.

Rick

RISC777

Estes Park

Estes Park Fire:
155.280 - EMS
155.910 - Police

Status
Not open for further replies.