Help with frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

yooperinco

Yesterday, on 153.785 heard people talking about "Shenandoah Way". Didn't catch much of it, but I do remember hearing that street name....any ideas?

Also, on 154.595 heard talks of a wildland fire......any Ideas?

and....

On 154.555 I heard traffic that was low volume, couldn't make it out. So I turned up the scanner and hear: "Denver, United Flight 11". any ideas????

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
153.785 sounds like the old arapahoe county vhf freq. I didn't have time to look it up. But going off memory I think it is. They still use the vhf freq in some areas where the 800 system lacks its punch.

As for the others, not sure .

Liverdog

During the fire in Arapahoe Cnty, the various agencies were hunting around for common frequencies on VHF. This might be what was going on.

MikeyB

Isn't that the Weld County Fire B Dispatch? There is a Shenandoah Way in Lochbuie, which would be covered by Hudson Fire. Perhaps it was them?

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
MikeyB said:
Isn't that the Weld County Fire B Dispatch? There is a Shenandoah Way in Lochbuie, which would be covered by Hudson Fire. Perhaps it was them?
153.785 is Actually FIRE A (South). Even though everybody in the Southern Part of the county is on DTRS there is some occasional use on the VHF channels particularly in Mutual aid or for landing AIRLIFE 911.

153.785 was the input freq for Parker PD's old 158.745 repeater years ago. Prior to that it was used by Parker Fire before moving to conventional 800 then later on to DTRS
yooperinco said:
Also, on 154.595 heard talks of a wildland fire......any Ideas?
Most likely 154.600 which is a nationwide portable business and license free MURS frequency.
yooperinco said:
On 154.555 I heard traffic that was low volume, couldn't make it out. So I turned up the scanner and hear: "Denver, United Flight 11". any ideas????
Likely an image frequency of the aircraft band usually experienced with older scanners before the "triple-conversion" radios of the late 80's early 90's. Doing the math I bet it's an image of the Denver Center 132.850 frequency.

This wouldn't happen to be an old bearcat scanner your are using is it?

Phil.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Liverdog said:
During the fire in Arapahoe Cnty, the various agencies were hunting around for common frequencies on VHF. This might be what was going on.

What fire in Arapahoe County?

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Liverdog said:
2 days old now... wildland fire... muli agency...

OK if your referring to the Franktown fire which I posted house and 80 acres around it that was Douglas County and I heard no discussion of VHF issues channel designations seemed to work really well FG on Ops 4 & 6 simplex, police command on Mac 3 and Fire command on Mac 2.

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.