"Private" Baby Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

cl

Does anyone know of any baby monitor(s), or baby monitor type solution that would be private, thus not letting neighbors with a scanner listen in?

Thanks

rick521

Icon is "Wink" = Answer is attempt to be funny

cl said:
Does anyone know of any baby monitor(s), or baby monitor type solution that would be private, thus not letting neighbors with a scanner listen in?

Thanks

Sounds like something for M/A-COM with Pro Voice. I wonder if they have a baby monitor division. Sorry could not resist the attempt to be funny. :)

I have no useful information on baby monitors.

buttsrob

Go Digital - like the cops do.

The simple solution is to just get one of the many new DIGITAL or Spread Spectrum ones out there. Most operate at 900 MHz or 2.4 GHz....and they (the later one anyway) will SCREW UP YOUR WiFi network! :)

Seriously, no stock scanner will monitor digitally modulated baby monitors or spread spectrum.

just do a Google search for "digital baby monitor" or "spread spectrum baby monitor".

Here's just one of the many:

http://www.onestepahead.com/product/85211/427774/117.html

williams63

Near spit my coffee out...

rick521 said:
Sounds like something for M/A-COM with Pro Voice. I wonder if they have a baby monitor division. Sorry could not resist the attempt to be funny. :)

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
If you don't have the need to be "wireless," go to RS and get a intercom system. They work through the AC wiring of the house. Unless your neighbor has an extension cord running from your house to theirs, they will never hear a thing.

Although the whole M/A-Com solution using Provoice would be cool

cl

Thanks Guys, this is what I needed, now I will look into the specifics of what the M/A-COM with Pro Voice is, exactly, and then try to sell that solution to my spouse, since the love of spending $500+ to listen to the scanner at night is soooo much appreciated, I'll explain that I asked for expert help and we need to check it out for the privacy and safety of Baby.

This will be a good one, can't resist the opportunity to be annoying! :)

C

rfburns

abqscan said:
They work through the AC wiring of the house. Unless your neighbor has an extension cord running from your house to theirs, they will never hear a thing.

If your neighbor comes off of the same power transformer they have a good chance of hearing it. I've never liked those. They're too noisy.

rfburns

buttsrob said:
The simple solution is to just get one of the many new DIGITAL or Spread Spectrum ones out there.
Seriously, no stock scanner will monitor digitally modulated baby monitors or spread spectrum.
http://www.onestepahead.com/product/85211/427774/117.html

Has anyone tried one of these and know exactly how it works? Many of the 900 & 2.4 units are just 2 ch analog FM. They use a digital circuit to process the audio so then they can advertise it as digital. I have no doubt that there are spread spectrum ones out there if you want to pay more. I'm just wondering about this one for $69.

Scan-Denver

rick521 said:

Sounds like a comedian waiting to be discovered !!

Yeah either Pro-Voice or ESK will do the trick !

Status
Not open for further replies.