Custer County SAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Search most of the day today for a missing person and now CAP has been activated to assist with air support at first light in the am.

Id 0444 was primary today.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
evergreenwaterman said:
Thanks for the info. Was the activity from site 151 and or 135?

Deer Peak primarily but some on Colorado City.

Jim<

fairrpe86

Is this referring to DTRS stuff because last time I worked with Custer SAR on a Search we were using all VHF channels. I guess Vhf bounces off towers too but I am not very familiar with all that stuff. I just listen to VHF and UHF freq.'s that I can put into my 97. I guess I should learn more about digital and the towers and tg's and all that stuff.

rfburns

The traffic I heard this afternoon was on Methodist. 401 and dispatch complaining to each other about all the transmissions going "digital" which they were. The search area is in a deep canyon according to 401. That may account for the Faded Reference Sensitivity issues due to the multipath in the canyon.

Should be able to hear Methodist from the Front Range and at least up to Fairplay and down south of Conejos. Atlthough it may take a good yagi and low loss feedline in some areas. Of course if you have interference issues with the CC you're out of luck except for listening to an individual VC.

rfburns

fairrpe86 said:
Is this referring to DTRS stuff because last time I worked with Custer SAR on a Search we were using all VHF channels. QUOTE]

201 who seemed to be a SAR coordinator or team leader was on DTR. I suspect most of the team members are still on VHF. I think 401 wished he was still on VHF.

fairrpe86

Yea things must have changed recentaly because when I was up there in September on the search for the female mushroom hunter. While up there I was talking to custer dispatch on vhf on a mobile from the canyon we were in quite aways away from Westcliffe and could transmit and recieve just fine without any interferieance at all. Just goes to show that some radio frequencies and styles are good for some places while others work better in other places.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.