Pro96Com/DTRS Purists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to hear from anyone who knows any of the true text labels used for talkgroups on DTRS mobile radio control heads for any agency.

I think adding the correct DTRS alfanumeric labels to the talkgroup file of Pro96Com would maximize the enjoyment of the program, at least by people like me who strive for accuracy.

Reply either here or in PM, but only if you have confirmed the information you send. I know we could easily have a lot of info from people who think they heard it from someone else who might have heard it, etc.

Thanks
ColoradoRedlands@aol.com

skipshark773

The MAC display info in the RR.com database was submitted by me and is correct. I know of other ones but I would probably have to have my portable in front of me to get them fully correct.

[edit]:Heres some of the display info for ITACs

ITAC 1 - 821.5125/866.5125 [156.7]
ITAC 2 - 822.0125/867.0125 [156.7]
ITAC 3 - 822.5125/867.5125 [156.7]
ITAC 4 - 823.0125/868.0125 [156.7]
STAC 5 - 823.7875/868.7875 [156.7]
SIMPX 1 - 866.5125 [156.7]
SIMPX 2 - 867.0125 [156.7]
SIMPX 3 - 867.5125 [156.7]
SIMPX 4 - 868.0125 [156.7]
SIMPX 5 - 868.7875 [156.7]

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
ColoradoRedlands said:
I would like to hear from anyone who knows any of the true text labels used for talkgroups on DTRS mobile radio control heads for any agency.

I think adding the correct DTRS alfanumeric labels to the talkgroup file of Pro96Com would maximize the enjoyment of the program, at least by people like me who strive for accuracy.

Reply either here or in PM, but only if you have confirmed the information you send. I know we could easily have a lot of info from people who think they heard it from someone else who might have heard it, etc.

Thanks
ColoradoRedlands@aol.com

Chris, Have you checked how Phil labels his p96 files available on radiohacker.com or Kurt’s available on pro96com (yahoo groups) even working in public safety I like these much better they explain what you are actually listening too. Versus many of the actual mobile setups remember they are normally limited to there local area and who ever programmed the radios so often are very confusing when you get outside that area or county, or you have duplicate labels when you get outside there normal local area.

Jim<

jimmnn said:
Chris, Have you checked how Phil labels his p96 files available on radiohacker.com or Kurt’s available on pro96com (yahoo groups) even working in public safety I like these much better they explain what you are actually listening too. Versus many of the actual mobile setups remember they are normally limited to there local area and who ever programmed the radios so often are very confusing when you get outside that area or county, or you have duplicate labels when you get outside there normal local area.

Jim<

I'm willing to risk some confusion.

I plan to use the label (as used by the agency who operatesd the TG) followed by a description. There is plenty of room for that in Pro96Com. Im obsessive-compulsive enough that I'm always tweaking the way I list the TGs and the radios themselves. Its all part of the fun for me.

skipshark773 said:
I know of other ones but I would probably have to have my portable in front of me to get them fully correct.

Thanks Skip,

Any others you send will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
skipshark773 said:
other than the ITAC's and MAC's I dont have any other display info that would be of any use to you out in Grand Junction, sorry about that.

Thanks (I guess) for not burdening me with information. I'm not sure how anyone would know what information would be of use to me or not.

jimmnn said:

I guess I didn't explain myself clearly enough. I'm not looking for labels to put into the Pro96 scanner. If I were, everything you guys have suggested would make more sense. What I'm looking to do is put the talkgroup "labels" into the description for each talkgroup in the Pro96Com computer program. The program allows quite a few spaces for this purpose, not the small amount allowed in scanners.

For example, if Acme Police Dept used the label "PD1" on their radios for their main dispatch talkgroup, the listing within my Pro96Com program would be something like "Ashville Police [PD1] Dispatch". Like a couple of you have mentioned, several departments probably use the exact same labels for different talkgroups. In that case, I might have "Birchtown Police [PD1] Disptach", "Fernwood Police [PD1] Dispatch", etc.

Does this better explain what Im trying to do?

As for the need for out-of-area talkgroup info, I'm sure you all know that radios affiliate in distant areas fairly often. It is quite common from me to hear traffic from front range talkgroups here in the west. I'm trying to label all the talkgroups I can in my style so that they will show up correctly when I am actively hearing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.