Fort Carson Trunking info

Status
Not open for further replies.

vanderneut

Does anyone know how reliable the trunking info for Fort Carson is? Can anyone send me a good pro-96 file for Fort Carson?

KC0WDZ

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Hi!!!

It's not good info several of us in the Springs have been trying to get good info without much luck. Sorry. Mark

vanderneut

Because...

I work on Ft. Carson. I'm not trying to spy on them. I wanted to be able to monitor the repeater system during an exercise we're doing. It's just easier.

buttsrob

evergreenwaterman said:
Who would want to get into Ft. Carson's comms? That's an appropriate question. Explain as you will....

Probably for the same reason I do. He's a soldier who wants to do his job better!

I have my BCD396T with me all the time. I can monitor all the Range Control frequencies. I can hear what the Forrestry folks are doing and which training areas are closed.

Traffic on my post (Ft Stewart) is horrible! By listening to the MP channels I can often avoid accidents and slow areas.

The problem is that the (idiotic but-well meaning bureaucrat) Frequency Managers on the installations won't even let US have their system info. All in the name of "security". I am certain that I have a higher clearance than they do and I have "need to know".

It's stupid.

My advice to you Vanderneut. If you've got a PRO-96, get PRO96COM (it's a free download) and monitor the control channel for the data. Assuming it's a true APCO25 system.

M

mpg0515

evergreenwaterman said:
Who would want to get into Ft. Carson's comms? That's an appropriate question. Explain as you will....

Why do you worry about Federal comms so much? Who cares, if they were encrypted, then obviously they don't want to be heard by the public.... So don't worry about it! Not everyone is a terrorist..... I believe that you questioned me on the Federal Protective Service also, and again if they don't want to be heard, they would probably encrypt their radios.

Last edited:

scanner_nut

Possible FT Carson Trunk System

I found an unidentified digital trunk system on 407.0750 mhz and 406.7750, with a system ID of A931. Activity found on 412.0250 mhz, 411.825 mhz, 413.525 mhz, 414.300 mhz tracking these 2 control channels.

In addition, I found traffic on 410.900 - talking about range control, which I assume is Ft Carson ?

73's
Eric

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
scanner_nut said:
In addition, I found traffic on 410.900 - talking about range control, which I assume is Ft Carson ?

73's
Eric
If you found traffic about range control, then it is Ft Carson. Good catch.

Status
Not open for further replies.