Denver Public Safety + Pro-94

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke7hpl

Hi I am trying to listen to Denver Police (and Lakewood if I can.) and I for the life of me can not understand how to get the groups. I have added the frequencies to my scanner, but cannot get the spefic talk groups. Is there maybe an easier way to go about this to where I can just a scan of them all? Any help is appriciated. I do have the manual and am reading it already to help[ understand this scanner.

Thank you!

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Unfortunately I have never seen a Pro-94, so I can't offer much help with the scanner itself. You should be able to monitor a good portion of Denver, but you can't monitor Lakewood due to a couple of issues. The system they are on is not supported and the police is encrypted.

You may want to take a look at the Easier to Read Pro 94 Scanner Manual to see if an alternate explanation will help with programming.

There's a bunch of sections you may want to try taking a look at:

ke7hpl

Awesome.I got the easier to read guide last night. So will be checking that out in further detail. Shame to hear that about Lakewood Police, but I will make do.

Thank you for your help sir/ma'am!

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Unfortunately the PRO-94 will NOT work on the Denver public safety EDACS system since it uses an ESK control channel. However....

Some DPD Talkgroups randomly show up on the Denver Public Works EDACS system which the PRO-94 WILL receiver.

Program the radio with the PUBLIC WORKS EDACS system frequencies in LCN order and enter the public safety talkgroups for the scanlists. It's not everything full time but better than nothing.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Unfortunately the PRO-94 will NOT work on the Denver public safety EDACS system since it uses an ESK control channel. However....

Some DPD Talkgroups randomly show up on the Denver Public Works EDACS system which the PRO-94 WILL receiver.

Program the radio with the PUBLIC WORKS EDACS system frequencies in LCN order and enter the public safety talkgroups for the scanlists. It's not everything full time but better than nothing.

I completely forgot about ESK. Unfortunately all of the above is correct.

I have spent way too much time with scanners that supported ESK that I completely forgot that some of the older scanners can't handle it.

Status
Not open for further replies.