Security Units on Douglas County SO

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
This past week, I've heard Security Units on DCSO Channel 1. So far, I've only heard these units call In/Out of Service. I've heard two different names, one of which was "Wilkins Security" or something like that.

My first thought was school security, but I looking at the DCSD webpage I can't find any names of schools that ring a bell.

Private security companies perhaps? It's not unheard of for private security companies to be under contract to/work with agencies, but it seems odd to give them access to the radio system.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
They are private security contracted by Douglas County for a few high traffic County facilities such as the Wilcox and Philip S. Miller Buildings.

They have been around for a couple of years. They mostly only call in and out of service over the air. Giving them a portable to the system isn't that big of a deal since day-to-day operations is done in person, and it also gives them a direct line of communication in case of an emergency.

ShyFlyer

Premium Subscriber
Wilcox and Miller, those where the names! Thanks for the info!

I don't really see an issue with a private security firm having a direct line to dispatch as it certainly makes sense if they're contracted to the county or to the department. I've worked in private security once upon a time in a similar arrangement, but without radios. The client didn't have an issue with, but our employer did. Long story.

Status
Not open for further replies.