RED NW/BLUE NW VHF links to DTRS for Boulder Co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

resq197

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything on these and what the configuration might be (simplex/repeater)?

155.25000 WPXC395 BM 110.9 PL RED NW Network First RED NW Mutual Aid Channel FM

156.03000 WPXC395 BM 151.4 PL Metro Law CCNC link FM

Also, I'm assuming 156.030 for Blue NW is incorrect as it's the input to the Boulder County Jail VHF Link.

-Brian

I show that to be the right frequency for Blue NW. I'm sure it is right, but probably soon the jail would have to change its frequency to prevent any bleed over. The city of longmonts planned (not sure if it will ever go into use) trunk system had a frequency as well that was the same as one of the VTac channels and they are suppossed to get that changed if that system ever comes into use.

resq197

chris_a_rodgers said:
I show that to be the right frequency for Blue NW. I'm sure it is right, but probably soon the jail would have to change its frequency to prevent any bleed over. The city of longmonts planned (not sure if it will ever go into use) trunk system had a frequency as well that was the same as one of the VTac channels and they are suppossed to get that changed if that system ever comes into use.

Speaking of Longmont, I've been hearing data bursts on 154.815 (listed as their FD CH2). I suspect it has something to do with the new public address/sirens that have going up all over town, but it seems wierd for that to be on the FD channel if they are in fact using it for fireground/tac communications.

I've also heard some control channel sounding data on 154.8375 and 155.4525 which I assume is their trunk. Do you know if it's planned for public safety use?

I believe those data signals are on FD 2 are for the new sirens. Those used to be found on Tac 1 only when the sirens were actually going to be set off. before LFD had any of their own channels. For it being on LFD channels is because they're somewhat in charge of the system. It is annoying though to hear those sounds all the time. I will hear them late at night.

I actually don't know to much about the trunking system but those two channels you listed I see on radiohacker.com's list showing those as possibly being part of it.

I'm also not sure if it has been mentioned yet but Boulder Fire will soon-but I don't know exactly when will be dispatched from there own dispatch and not by Red 1. They will also take with them Red 2 and Red 3 (which really belongs to the city and not the county fire depts).

eyes00only

resq197 said:
I've also heard some control channel sounding data on 154.8375 and 155.4525 which I assume is their trunk. Do you know if it's planned for public safety use?

I have heard nothing about a VHF trunking system being set up, however I have always wondered why not. Heck, with all the old UHF freqs. not being used, someone should trunk them.

Jerry

Last edited:

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
That LTR system has been on the air close to 2 years now.

I'm out of range of it at home and at work though I do get the interval transmissions when I drive through the city at 5 A.M.

Supposed to be for public works but have not been in a posistion to catch any TG's on it.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.