Colorado Springs DTRS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi. I need a bit of help understanding which tower site in el paso county covers into colorado springs. I need to program my dad's pro96 with police and fire. I see several option for el Paso county but I don't see one specifically for colorado springs. He lives in the center of town on the upper edge of the south west police district. I dont live there so i dont have any way to experiment with the several tower sites I see that could cover colorado springs. Thanks!

snoopyII

I don't live anywhere near Colorado Springs either, but just looking at the coverage maps and the assigned frequencies to each of the sites, I'd start with Cheyenne Mtn, Cedar Heights and Austin Bluffs. Between those 3 sites, you should be able to get pretty much all of what you're looking for...

Just my .02 worth.

radio

Premium Subscriber
My scanners are set for Austin Bluffs, Cedar Heights and Ski Summit when I am downtown or the west side.

Cheyenne Mtn is a Zone 6 tower. El Paso are Zone 4. I have seen Zone 6 is only good for Colorado Springs and El Paso County when there is a big incident in the south and southeastern incident then traffic bleeds onto Cheyenne Mtn.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Echoing the last few comments, you must use a Zone 4 (RFSS 4) site in order to successfully monitor El Paso County and Colorado Springs.

Do not use sites in any other Zone as they are denied from carrying those sorts of traffic. This means sites that one should not program sites like Cheyenne Mountain and others if your goal is to listen to Colorado Springs.

Colorado Springs will eventually be switching to a simulcast site. Some discussion of that can be found in the Simulcast coming to Colorado Springs thread.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Does Cheyenne Mountain still pick up El Paso County Sheriff? I see that tower is in zone 6.

I do not believe Cheyenne Mountain has ever had El Paso County Sheriff. The only exception I know of are the mutual aid channels.

Restating my previous reply, El Paso County and Colorado Springs can only be found on the Zone 4 (RFSS 4) sites.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.