BCD996P2 vs RS Pro-197

Status
Not open for further replies.

W2bdp

Premium Subscriber
I have the 197 for a few years. Would I be better off with the Uniden for Adams County Simulcast ? or just in general ?
Opinions Please

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
As to simulcast performance, I highly doubt there will be much of a noticeable difference. There is NO scanner in existence (i.e. from traditional scanner manufacturers) capable of supporting simulcast.

ScannerSK

The Uniden scanners definitely suffer less from overload (thereby offering better reception in overload prone areas) however many believe the GRE type scanners offer the best programming set up.

As to simulcast, my friend has a BCD996P2 and it definitely works better on the Weld simulcast system which is part of the same system (FRCC) as the Adams county simulcast system.

Shawn

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
If you need Phase II, then the BCD996P2 is the scanner to have. The PRO-197 is no longer supported, but if it is working for you (I have one), then great.

W2bdp

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. Looks like phase 2 is lurking around from freq charts.
From what I can hear on my scanner, Brighton doesn't have very much traffic, FD or PD, in
comparison to about 4 years ago. I wonder if they are using cell phones for much of their traffic. I haven't cornered anyone to even ask, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.