Ridgway CO PD frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Planning an RV trip here and we are going to be staying in Ridgway with friends for about 3-4 weeks in July and I have been searching the database and can only find a few TGs for Ouray county and no listings for any Ridgway PD.

I have only 3 TGs for Ouray County on the DTRS system and one VHF Fire frequency for Ridgway.

I have yet to dig thru the whole FCC report for the area and was hoping someone here could provide some useful info for freqs in that area?

Thanks much and 73s

JD
kf4anc

(I do have a listing of all amateur radio repeaters in the area, but maybe someone can also tell me which ones are the busiest and the most popular with travelers?)

n0nhj

In way too deep...
Feed Provider
Ridgway

The Police Department is heard on the DTRS Ouray Co Dispatch TG (8531), and is dispatched by the Montrose Co SO Dispatch center. Most of the Fire & EMS traffic is still on VHF, though they do have some 800 radios and occasionally pop up on the 8531 TG, and possibly others. Believe that you'll find most of the paging/dispatch on 155.820, the primary repeater is right above Ridgway on Log Hill (same location as the DTRS site), there is another repeater with a different input CTCSS tone. They also have a operations/tactical repeater on 158.820 located up high at Dexter Creek halfway between Ridgway and Ouray.

Several simplex frequencies were licensed for them before they started using DTRS. Not sure how much use they get used, I don't spend enough time in the area to pin down if they get any actual use.

153.860 167.9 S. Ouray County
153.740 167.9 N. Ouray County
153.965 167.9 Ouray Sheriff Co Mutual Aid
153.485 151.4 Ouray City IG WPWV992
154.800 cs Ridgway PL WPCG919
154.815 Ouray PD PP WNVD657
154.310 158.865 107.2 Log Hill FD Waterdog PF KLX227
154.430 Log Hill VFD PF KLX227
156.105 150.805 110.9 Western RETAC Hayden Mtn PW WQFJ708

The state also has a VHF repeater above Red Mt Pass that gets used quite a bit as the 800 coverage is very spotty up there. 156.015 used by CSP, CDOT, and others as a shared repeater.

Enjoy and report back what you hear.

Chuck

TailGator911

Silent Key/KF4ANC
Hey Chuck - thanks very much for the useful information! That just about answers all of the questions I had in mind. Nothing too confusing in the area, I like it.

I will be traveling with a Whistler TRX-1 and a Yaesu VX7R in hand, and a BCD536HP and WS-1065 wired into the RV with a directional yagi up on the roof. If both the main sites are together then that makes it even easier :)

Again, thanks a million for that info, Chuck!

If anyone else has a list of any oddball frequencies they want to throw up here that would be cool. Late night in the RV I will listen to just about anything!

JD
kf4anc

Signal3and2

Premium Subscriber
I've heard more traffic for Ouray PD and the sheriff's office than I have from Ridgway Marshals while I've been out there. If the fire season keeps up, especially if the 416 fire down by Durango keeps going, you should have some good wildland fire traffic from San Juan county as well. I'm not real familiar with wildland firefighting operations, so I don't know if somebody brings in tactical repeaters for something like that, or if they use local frequencies, or both. I'd be interested to know that, as I spend a lot of time in the Ridgway/Ouray/Silverton/Telluride area, at least once a year.

jim9251

Ouray Mountain Rescue, Ridgway and Ouray Ambulances are all dispatched on 155.820 through Montrose dispatch. Fire paging also uses this frequency. Ouray County Sheriff, Ridgway Marshal and Ouray Police are dispatched on the same DTRS channel (Ouray County) from Montrose. Ridgway State Park is on DTRS and is some pretty fascinating listening.

Those published VHF frequencies are obsolete.

Status
Not open for further replies.