Cinco de Mayo

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I've added the Dist 1 car to car id's to my feed for this weekends action.

Already closing Federal Blvd for the cruisers, dist 6 units enroute to assist with fights and requesting more barricades and it's still early.

http://www.live365.com/stations/jimmnn

Jim<

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Although the Mexican army was eventually defeated, the "Batalla de Puebla" came to represent a symbol of Mexican unity and patriotism.

Cinco de Mayo is celebrated on a much larger scale here in the United States than it is in Mexico.

No wonder,France actually wiped out Mexican Army 2 weeks later...

Now Mexico wiping out the USA!

jeffreyinberthoud

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
France actually wiped out Mexican Army 2 weeks later...

France actually wiped out Mexican Army 2 weeks later...

You mean they did win a war??

someone tell googgle quik!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

funcritter

I work on Friday and Saturday nights so maybe I will be able to hear some of the action on Sunday night. The Sunday night on this 'Holiday' is usually the biggest cruising night on Federal.

I used to live on the corner of 32nd and Sheridan years ago. One night coming from home during the 'Holiday' I would usually head west on 38th over to Sheridan. Well, back then they would close off alot of the side streets on Federal such as 37th. Well knowing that
38th would be closed, I decided to turn on 37th, through a baricade. Cops were right there to give me a ticket for driving through the baricade. They didn't care that I had to get through there to get home some how. I was never so glad to move away from that area because of all the street closings on weekends due to the cruisers.

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Now a fatal officer involved shooting in the area, things are certainly heating up.

Jim<

jomak

Premium Subscriber
I just came back to Lakewood after my daughter's soccer game up in Fort Collins. Seems traffic was jammed up everywhere from Invesco southward! Once we got off of I-25 westbound on 6th, traffic came to a dead standstill. DPD Traffic units had exery exit barricaded from the highway to Kipling, at least for westbound traffic. I think I'll stay home tonight.

Joe

P.S. Where did all of that graffiti come from on 6th?? Maybe I've always been going too fast through there to notice??

MikeyB

jomak said:
. Seems traffic was jammed up everywhere from Invesco southward! Once we got off of I-25 westbound on 6th, traffic came to a dead standstill. DPD Traffic units had exery exit barricaded from the highway to Kipling, at least for westbound traffic. I think I'll stay home tonight.QUOTE]

We just came back from Greeley on I-25 and traffic on I-25 was backed up because every exit from 6th to University was closed down coming SB. Does anybody know why they did that? I'm assuming for the cruisers. Huge traffic jam, no advance warning so I could have gotten off on Speer and gone down Santa Fe. The end result is it took me an extra 45 minutes to get home!

dcg729

France finally won one

As I remember it , the second that France defeated Mexico, France then surrendered and demanded aid from Mexico. Or something like that anyway,

Pueblo Native

From 1820 to 1846, the boundary of the United States with Mexico was the Arkansas River. I grew up on the south side. I'm Irish by the way....

Status
Not open for further replies.