Interopability?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
As everyone is trying to figure out interopability issues plaguing the state Denver can't even provide interopabilty within its own department on its own trunk system. How long now has denver had their edacs system. 10 or 12 years or so?

Had anyone else noticed that denver was running the command post and command ops for cinco de mio (or however it is spelled) on dist 1 instead of say tac 1 or 1a, 1b or 1c. Nope that would make to much sense. Or would it? Come to find out other district cars didn't have Tac 1 or any of the other tg's for dist one in their raidos ( i am not sure if they were portables or the mobiles, but i am guessing it was the portables). So the command post was allocated to dist 1 so other dist cops could come over and communicate with the command post and dispatch. What a joke, those radios hold 255 modes in them and out of that they cannot make a district zone for each of the 6 districts and load them with all the common patrol tg's for that disrict.

Heck with denver and their interface to communicate with the dtrs and such. They need to reprogram their radios so that they can just talk within their dept. What do ya think?

Oh yeah. Regular dist 1 traffic was on dist one. I can't tell ya what dist 2,4 and 6 cars were going to do if they had to come in dist one to cover a call or officer. But then maybe some of them have tac one in their radios.

n0doz

All patrol radios have all 6 districts' TGs in them. If responding units claimed not to have Tac 1, it's because they didn'y know how to find it. For that reason, situations with units from other districts responding are usually handled on the primary dispatch channel.
You can give folks all the tools in the world, but if they don't bother to find out how to use them......

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
They just made an announcement on Tac-1 for all officers working the festival to return to Dist 1 to resume normal operations and they are removing the barricades. Most of the command post traffic I heard this weekend Dave was on Tac 1, Car to Car-1, Traffic Ops and Tac-4.

Also in addition I believe all DPD radios have access to all 6 districts and there car to car's and Tac channels.

Jim<

RISC777

5-27

On a monitored fire alarm from a business on S Parker Rd, Aurora dispatches out to it. Metcom and Parker join, except Metcom doesn't dispatch out for something like three to four minutes. Then Metcom can't talk to Aurora on Aurora's TAC-3. Metcom can't reach E-35 due to their trying to get on Aurora's FG. So by this time Aurora's learned it's an unintentional false before they can get to MetroNet. A good thing it was a false rather than a working structure fire. (Surprised Cunningham didn't get a unit or two sent out also, but didn't hear of such.)

poltergeisty

Truth is a force of nature
Banned
Well with the new 7100IP all interoperable issues should be solved.
confused005.gif

NOT!

Status
Not open for further replies.