Denver P.W. EDACS off the air.

Status
Not open for further replies.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
It appears that either the site is down or they pulled the plug on the Denver public works EDACS system today.

I monitor this site since the P.S. ESK simulcast system is unreadable up here and DPD talk-groups would randomly show up on this site along with the DPD all call group full time.

This site originally started as a G.E. 16+ system in 1989.

jbeen

Feed Provider
I suspect you are correct that the system has been shutdown, scanlist.

Red Rocks Park seemed to be the last remaining active users on the system, so they must have gotten them all upgraded to P25 radios for this summer.

Only one more EDACS system left in the metro area, and there will be a lot of sad people when it shuts down. :-(

Josh

PJH

Premium Subscriber
Could of people have whispered to me that its out of service.

As such, its no longer shown directly in the database. It can be viewed under "deprecated" systems. If it comes back to life, drop me a pm and I'll bring it back from the dead.

stevecubfan

Premium Subscriber
using a home patrol 2 denver public safety trunk scroll middle column using business service type red rocks can still be heard.

scanlist

No surprise that Red Rocks Ops are showing up on the Public Safety EDACS/ESK system as PD/FD/EMS do communicate with them via radio.

The same can be said of the convention center.

jbeen

Feed Provider
Colorado Convention Center Talkgroups have not been active on the Denver Public Safety EDACS system since Nov. 1, 2017.

I concur, Red Rocks TGs are still active on that system, so perhaps they still have some analog radios and aren't all upgraded to digitial as I speculated earlier.

Regards,
Josh

PJH

Premium Subscriber
System brought back from the dead.

Are *only* the Red Rocks talk groups active? Have the rest been moved over?

If so I’ll depreacate the rest.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
System brought back from the dead.

Are *only* the Red Rocks talk groups active? Have the rest been moved over?

If so I’ll depreacate the rest.

I believe the above discussion is the Red Rocks talkgroups showing up on Denver Public Safety EDACS. The two systems have been always been linked and many of the talkgoups could be heard across both systems.

scanlist

The P.W. EDACS system is still off the air and appears to be history at this point.

P.W. and P.S. Talkgroups were duplicated on both systems for fallback purposes.

With the P.W. EDACS system off the air it makes sense that any of the P.W. users with EDACS radios would fallback to P.S.

Status
Not open for further replies.