Pitkin County

Status
Not open for further replies.

imbroglio

When will the Radio Reference database for Pitkin County be updated to the 800mhz frequencies?: ULS License - PubSafty/SpecEmer/PubSaftyNtlPlan,806-817/851-862MHz,Conv License - WQYB434 - Pitkin County - Frequencies Summary

The 2m frequencies are no longer utilized in Pitkin County yet are still listed as currently updated by Radio Reference? As I understand it the Whistler EZ Scan software uses Radio Reference for updating the library, and I am unable to update a Whistler WS1080 with the current frequencies.

Perhaps there is some manual workaround which I will have to figure out.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
Most of their public safety operations are on the State of Colorado DTRS, which you can import if you are using EZ Scan. You can see appropriate sites to program using the site map for the system.

It is possible to use EZ Scan to create custom objects by selecting adding something "New" instead of importing it from the database. This can be used to discover frequencies that are being used, but have not been identified in the RadioReference Database.

I do think that most of the VHF frequencies in Pitkin County can be marked with a "Deprecated" tag or even removed, but it requires a submission by someone in the area who is able to confirm that those channels are no longer being used. The Database is largely made up of information provided by the community, so it is only as updated as the information provided in the previous submission.

Spitfire8520

I might be completely clueless! =)
You can make a submission to the database yourself if you have identified what they are being used for. I would read the RR Database Submission Guidelines before making any sort of submission. RadioReference does not accept frequency information based on FCC license information only. You can make the submission by going to the Pitkin County database page.

You will need to manually program the frequencies with EZ Scan until RadioReference gets good identified information about those frequencies and what they are used for,

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.