GRENADE at Thornton PD - HQ - NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone has pulled into the Thronton PD lot and gone in to the station saying there is a live grenade in her van out side with the pin pulled............

Bomb Squad is rolling...........

This is not training............

Active on TPD Ch-2

Mic.

Grenade-up-date

The PD and Courts are being evac'd...

All traffic into the complex is shut down.........

The chief and asst chief are present.......

Bomb Squad belives the grenade to be real from talking to the women who brought it there...

Mic

Local news

As of 6:07, local tv news has not made the event. Their newsroom is likely busy. Thanks for the updates...do not have channels in my scanners here in the foothills.

GRENADE Up-Date

The grenade came from Westminster, the home of a WWII Vet. He pulled the pin to see if "fore sure" it had a firing pin. He says it does and he could not get the pin back in.

This is a JAP Grenade - Frag he brought home with him from WWII......

Mic.

It's All over

As of 1843 back to business as usual........

No word on the radio as to what the result was other than --- NO BOOM ---

Mic.

Last edited:
No Prob..........

evergreenwaterman said:
As of 6:07, local tv news has not made the event. Their newsroom is likely busy. Thanks for the updates...do not have channels in my scanners here in the foothills.

My pleasure.........

Right place - right time........

Mic.

The final word............

This afternoon I heard a ACSO bomb squad member talking to a TPD command officer. He said that they did set off that grenade and it did go boom. An interesting comment he made was "it made very little smoke".

For what it's worth.........

Mic.

BobWeb

twowayradiomouse said:
This afternoon I heard a ACSO bomb squad member talking to a TPD command officer. He said that they did set off that grenade and it did go boom. An interesting comment he made was "it made very little smoke".
Mic.

This isn't unusual. Most explosives, when detonated, do not produce anywhere near the amount of smoke and fire Hollywood would lead you to believe, at least on their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.