Double Fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
NB Wadsworth at 92nd, Westy is working a double fatality with long closure of Hwy-121 expected. Lots of white sheets laying over the cars when I came around the scene.

Westy-800 & Online

Jim<

RISC777

A female was transported to Central, she'll end up in ICU. Any ages on the two deceased, or gender?

evilklown

jimmnn said:
NB Wadsworth at 92nd, Westy is working a double fatality with long closure of Hwy-121 expected. Lots of white sheets laying over the cars when I came around the scene.

Westy-800 & Online

Jim<
that is horrible i was stuck in that traffic but i took a side road it was backed up all crazy love the news info jimmnn gives horrible news sometimes but other than that he is a great news person.

RISC777

They didn't finally clear everything until 02:37. That's a pretty long incident time-frame.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
datainmotion said:
I surely always appreciate these posts from you. Do you ever sleeep? :p

Sleep is way over rated, especially when you are trying to run an incident notification system and most of the good incidents occur overnight and during the same time the assignment desks are closed and not monitoring.

Even while sleeping I have speakers and pagers filling my ears.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
WESTMINSTER, Colo. -- A single-vehicle accident late Saturday night in Westminster claimed two lives.

Investigator Wayne Read said a Honda hatchback was traveling northbound on Wadsworth Parkway when it hit a traffic control pole at 92nd Avenue.

Two passengers were pronounced dead at the scene. The driver was transported to a local hospital in undetermined condition.

The names of the victims were not released but accident investigators said the two people killed were juveniles.

The accident was reported at 11:24 p.m.

Last edited:

Moosemedic

Dsaf

Did Society A Favor.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the way these kids are driving.

I've personally had several near misses with them, and in spite of trying my best attempts to involve Law Enforcement, the system continues to let me down. Don't ask, you'll only get me going again!

As a result I've changed tactics,

First I consider this job security; think of all the procedures we can practice, to better ourselves for those that deserve our skills. (I'm thinking of the bystanders hit)

Second, I file it away as DSAF, one less street racer I have to keep an eye out for while driving to work.

Personally, and once again, I hope they park that vehicle in fron tof what ever High School they attended.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
Moosemedic said:
Did Society A Favor.

Personally, and once again, I hope they park that vehicle in fron tof what ever High School they attended.

Grief counselors will be at Pomona High School Monday morning.

Jim<

Troop

Moosemedic said:
Did Society A Favor.

Personally, I'm sick and tired of the way these kids are driving.

I've personally had several near misses with them, and in spite of trying my best attempts to involve Law Enforcement, the system continues to let me down. Don't ask, you'll only get me going again!

As a result I've changed tactics,

First I consider this job security; think of all the procedures we can practice, to better ourselves for those that deserve our skills. (I'm thinking of the bystanders hit)

Second, I file it away as DSAF, one less street racer I have to keep an eye out for while driving to work.

A little uncalled for esp. if you're in the EMS/LE profession...yeah while I agree there is a problem with street racers and kids who have no business driving there's no reason to call it job security or one less to deal with. In my profession i'm expected to defend myself and others by use of force, sometimes deadly...and then afterwards give the best medical aid that i've been trained for....everybody good or bad deserves those skills....just my .10

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Troop said:
A little uncalled for esp. if you're in the EMS/LE profession...yeah while I agree there is a problem with street racers and kids who have no business driving there's no reason to call it job security or one less to deal with. In my profession i'm expected to defend myself and others by use of force, sometimes deadly...and then afterwards give the best medical aid that i've been trained for....everybody good or bad deserves those skills....just my .10

I was thinking it and you said it. Nuff said.

Moosemedic

No apology from me Troop........

Last week I was on I-76 at Sheridan, in the left lane, with a Suburban on my right, I could see only the side of the SUV over the hood of my F250. Suddently a Civic passed between myself and the SUV in the right lane. I was overtaking the SUV on the left (moving with traffic @70 or so in the 55) The civic fishtailed and overcorrected ending up on the right shoulder. I was watching him so close, I didn't see his friends' S-10 pickup pass me on the left (breakdown lane) shoulder.

After that near miss, both vehicles were running a "figure 8 pattern" that reminded me of slalom skiers. Not going much faster than traffic really. More like playing tag. Once we all got to the I-76 / I-25 interchange they were riding side by side in the single lane fly over. They were actually passing things back and forth between vehicles while in traffic.

Of course this was around 16:45 and traffic was crawling north. I wrote down both plates and tried to make the right call. *2-7-7 (*CSP) didn't connect. 9-1-1 got me Denver and they said they'd "check the area" (I-76 and Pecos isn't Denver) when they got to the acceleration lane of I-25 they both shot diagonally to the median breakdown lane, and then took another diagonal cut to the right shoulder when the traffic slowed. I was still just merging in the right lane with the 270 traffic when I saw the S-10 hit a shredded truck tire and stop on the shoulder to inspect the damage.

Another call to CSP this time (303-239-4501) connected, and althought I waited 10 minutes, no LEO's showed. I volunteered to spend a day in court, if they'd hook these idiots up. I sat on the shoulder for those 10 minutes and could ID the drivers right down to the number of piercings each one had. To this date I have yet to hear back. They passed me and went off the 84th Ave exit and were sitting at the light when one of them saw me on the cell phone behind them.

One driver looked back at me, shouted to his friends, and banged his wrists in a "cuff 'em" motion, and they both looked back at me. Last I saw they had run the red light across 84th, back to NB I-25. Of course they made a few parting "gestures" to me as they both blew across the moving traffic on 84th. A call to ADCOM got some interest, and a Thornton Officer actually called me back.

How else should I react?
Shocked?
Amazed?
Distressed?

I'd be willing to bust the lines of politically correct and wonder if the Rural Metro Ambulance was driven by someone with the same disregard for the rules of the road.

The kids a couple of weeks ago in Auroura had been stopped ...what? ... 30 minutes before thier fatal accident? Are we to beleive that kid got that loaded in the 30 minutes following the initial traffic stop?

What's the point?

As previously stated, enough with the grief councelors, how about some graduated licenses and mandatory Driver's Ed ? And since that's not going to work anyway, put the wrecked car, blood and all, on display in the school's courtyard. If it saves one life, it's worth the effort.

Enough is enough!

RISC777

hmmmm

Moose :
I understand your opinion of idiot drivers...
Never mind, biting my tongue...again.
Everyone has their right to their personal opinion(s).

Thayne

What is the word for these feelings?--"Freudenshade" or something like that.

I used to ride bikes a lot, & I gotta admit I feel the same way when I see dudes & their girlfriends tearing around on a crotch rocket with no shirt no helmet and sometimes no shoes. Now the thing is civics & turbo'd Subarus etc. You hate to see em hurt or dead, but it is one less problem when they are gone--and most of them don't have any insurance so society has to pay for the "vegetative rest of their life" if they don't do it right.

Moosemedic

To Risc777

Yeah, I bit my tounge several times on the way to work this morning, thinking about my last posting.

I had mixed feelings.
This clearly isn't the right forum for that topic.
It's not much of a compassionate approach.
It's way off topic in response to Jim's news aspect of posting.
If this was (and it is) a publicly viewed forum, those not in EMS may get a very poor impression of those that have survived 20+ years in our chosen field.

You'll notice I didn't include the LEO's in that. That was by design, althought I do understand and hear often used term "deadly force", and how that level of responsibility affects those with that responsibility; Can that same group honestly say that they ever realized that each time a Paramedic uses an intervention, pushes a med or makes a treatment decision, that a mistake potentially has the same consequences. It's kinda like pulling your gun on every traffic stop, pulling the trigger 30% the time, and hoping you never hit anything with lethal consequences.

But thanks for recognizing my right to an opinion, as I honestly respect those that disagree.

I personally would like to never pick the pieces of a high school debutante out of the grill of a semi, watch them scooped up in a bag, or remains washed into a storm drain. But I know it will happen again. I survive it by dark and inappropriate humor.

Speaking of which ; Is it true that 90% of the people that receive trauma deserved it? LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.