RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2018, 5:25 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Antennas near Grand Junction

I recently spent 10 days visiting friends in Grand Junction. I saw a cluster of 5 or 6 antenna towers on a hill outside the city; you can see them from just about everywhere so I'm sure they cover to the whole area.

I tried Googling them, but didn't have any luck. Does anyone know where I can find out what they're for & who owns them? I'm planning on moving to Grand Junction in a year or so & want to get an idea of what's out there for amateur radio and general monitoring. I'd also like to get involved with ARES/RACES when I relocate.
Thanks!
Sponsored links
Old 11-06-2018, 8:07 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Look up the lat/lon coordinates on the FCC web site or use something like FCCInfo - Now on Google Earth!
Old 11-06-2018, 9:37 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

If you were looking South-West (above the Colorado National Monument), that is the Black Ridge Communications site.
Many of the local FM radio stations both high power and low power, business government and amateur stations have sites on the ridge.
With very good eyes or a pair of binoculars looking east at the north end of the Grand Mesa is the Palisade Point communications site. No high power FM commercial stations there but the mix is essentially the same as Black Ridge otherwise.

The Grand Mesa Repeater assn runs a linked repeater system that is the RACES backbone and 449.300 - 107.2 tone will get you into the system on Palisade Point. We have informal lunch meetings on Wednesdays and are happy to get interested people visiting. Ask where lunch is on the air around 11:00 if nobody else has.

Bruce