front range gmrs

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am a newly licensed gmrs user i have been trying to acquire authorisation to use this GMRS system in the Denver metro

but emails to Travis WQUX891 go unanswered

i'm hoping he is a member here and will see this message and reply here to pm as i am suspecting my emails are hitting his junk folder for some reason

thanks

NC1

If you start using it, I'm sure he will show up at some point and you can ask.

As long as you remain respectful on the repeaters, there should be no problem. Sometimes people have repeaters for closed groups only, and some others ask for a membership fee to help pay for the costs associated with running a repeater site.

ipfd320

Banned
I would also agree with nc1--throw out your call & be curtious-- if anyone questions you then explain that you left multi emails to 891 with no return answer on repeater use and how to get permission to use the system---i see the last time he was on my gmrs page was on october 14 2018

Good Luck

going to do that as a last ditch effort, but i talked with my boss and as a plan b we got really nice tower sites like lookout, and chief here in denver and even buckhorn in longmont and a few other primo sites where he would allow me to co-locate a GMRS repeater at.

i will just run the numbers and see which site will give the most bang for the buck in terms of height vs location.

i just want greater metro area coverage so it won't take much just a good quality repeater setup and a location like lookout or chief will be all i need for good metro coverage.

everything i have narrowband capable so i might set everything for narrowband for better efficiency.

think 550 pair might be open here at least according to mygmrs it is.

so that is plan b

we shall see how this plays out if this guy ever returns my message or i somehow manage to contact him and get a yay or nay on using his repeaters.

ko6jw_2

Premium Subscriber
You can use the contact form on my gmrs.com. This repeater is one of four in the area. Each is individually owned. The repeaters are open, but require permission. You could also try to contact the other three owners as well.

GMRS repeaters, like ham repeaters, are owned by clubs and individuals. They are not businesses so they may be a little slow in responding.

Glad to hear you got a license - so many people ignore this. In my area there are only two active licenses - mine and one other. There are twenty or so expired licenses.

ipfd320

Banned
kO6--all the repeaters are yes by different people but if you click on each repeater they come back to wqux-891--I Couldnt Find anything else on the owners in gmrs.com

as for setting up the system 007--your gonna have to file with the fcc on tower location & heights/ owner / frequencys being used

I have used the my gmrs contact form and will see where that gets me. Didn't know I needed to coordinate with FCC guess they changed the rules used to be you could just. Toss up a repeater and if all the tower infrastructure was an existing structure no notification was necessary.

How do I notify the FCC what form do I need?

Thanks

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I was with WQUX891 yesterday and informed him you had submitted your callsign and hadn't received a reply. He will be trying to catch up on submissions today.

Mick

All I've logged in the last several years on 462.625 in Colorado Springs is a carwash and a motel.

QUOTE=prcguy;3021091]Is there any remains of a GMRS repeater system on Cheyenne Mt. that was once owned by Mark Shook from the old Sunshine Radio stores? I think it was on 462.625 originally.[/QUOTE]

prcguy

Interesting, maybe they moved the frequency. I helped move and install the original GMRS repeater into the KILO FM building on Cheyenne Mt in the late 70s and I later sold Mark a spare portable repeater that went somewhere in the Springs area. A couple of guys related to search and rescue were using it at one time but then I lost track and Mark was killed in a gyrocopter accident a number of years ago, so who knows what happened to the repeater stuff.

All I've logged in the last several years on 462.625 in Colorado Springs is a carwash and a motel.

QUOTE=prcguy;3021091]Is there any remains of a GMRS repeater system on Cheyenne Mt. that was once owned by Mark Shook from the old Sunshine Radio stores? I think it was on 462.625 originally.
[/QUOTE]

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
GMRS in COS

There is a .700 repeater down in COS, but is closed for family use only. I see some dated convos about a 550 repeater going up in that area, but nothing new.

Last edited:

Mick

I have not logged any GMRS activity since last year in Colorado Springs on these freqs:

462.5500 141.3 CW ID (1Jun2017)
462.7000 D114 WQUQ506 Private GMRS Repeater (1June2017)
462.7000 D036 Private GMRS Repeater, too weak (23Dec2017)

I will continue monitoring for activity, but there was nothing all day yesterday either.

Mick

I've dedicated a scanner to GMRS channels, and in the last 8 weeks I've only heard one active GMRS repeater in Colorado Springs. There is a group of licensed users of 462.625 who use 107.2 ctcss in repeat mode, and they use 74.4 ctcss in simplex mode on 462.625 MHz.

The only other licensed users logged in Colorado Springs are on 462.600 simplex using DCS 114.

There is a business, possibly a motel, using 462.625 DCS 343 simplex, and another business on 462.675 DCS 343 simplex, both logged in Colorado Springs.

I have not logged any GMRS activity since last year in Colorado Springs on these freqs:

462.5500 141.3 CW ID (1Jun2017)
462.7000 D114 WQUQ506 Private GMRS Repeater (1June2017)
462.7000 D036 Private GMRS Repeater, too weak (23Dec2017)

I will continue monitoring for activity, but there was nothing all day yesterday either.

Status
Not open for further replies.