RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Colorado Radio Discussion Forum

Colorado Radio Discussion Forum - Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Colorado.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-04-2018, 9:36 PM

Question El Paso County Help

I'm trying to understand more about why my old scanners(RS-Pro96/Pro197and HP1) no longer pickup APCO25-P1 CSPD, CSFD and others. From what I can gather from other forum threads, COS went to simulcast which these units can't decode. This leaves me with a few questions.

1) Was this change just for COS or also CSP/EPCO? (I can still pickup CSP/EPSO when in Teller but not much in COS)
2) I don't see a simulcast designation in the database, this would help me understand which services are affected. Am I missing this somewhere?
3) RR-freq database no longer shows sites like AustinBluffs, CheyMtn, TempGap, etc. Are they gone with new Simulcast changeover?
4) Sentinel database for HP1 still show old ones listed above and none of the new ones, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
5) Any recommendations on new scanner to solve simulcast?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Mike
Sponsored links
Old 12-04-2018, 9:50 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Might want to put this in the Texas group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feed's - Bloomfield Fire | CT State Police Trp H | City of Hartford PD
Uniden-325p2, 996p2(x3), 996T, Kenwood-NX5300 NX5700/5800 TK8180 TK5210 TK5410
Old 12-05-2018, 12:17 AM

Question El Paso County Help

I'm trying to understand more about why my old scanners(RS-Pro96/Pro197and HP1) no longer pickup APCO25-P1 CSPD, CSFD and others. From what I can gather from other forum threads, COS went to simulcast which these units can't decode. This leaves me with a few questions.

1) Was this change just for COS or also CSP/EPCO? (I can still pickup CSP/EPSO when in Teller but not much in COS)
2) I don't see a simulcast designation in the database, this would help me understand which services are affected. Am I missing this somewhere?
3) RR-freq database no longer shows sites like AustinBluffs, CheyMtn, TempGap, etc. Are they gone with new Simulcast changeover?
4) Sentinel database for HP1 still show old ones listed above and none of the new ones, Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?
Thanks for your thoughts,
Mike
Old 12-05-2018, 9:44 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgn_wp View Post
This change affects all agencies that uses the Colorado Springs Simulcast site in Colorado Springs and northern El Paso County. This means that Colorado Springs, El Paso County, and CSP 2B will use the site when it is optimal.

You might be getting CSP and EPSO off of the Woodland Park site whenever they are affiliated to it. You may notice periods of silence when they affiliate to other sites. It is not likely that someone from Colorado Springs will be traveling up Highway 24, so that would explain why you don't hear Colorado Springs much.

You might not be able hear the simulcast site from your location if you were not previously able monitor using the old sites (like Stanley Canyon, Cedar Heights, or Ski Summit) that were absorbed into the simulcast. You can try to enter the control channel for the simulcast (853.7125 MHz) into one of your scanners and see if you can hear/decode it.

Quote:
Simulcast only applies to sites. It does not apply to agencies unless they are using the simulcast site.

An EPSO Deputy on Highway 24 near Green Mountain Falls might be using the Woodland Park site, which is not a simulcast. If he drives back towards Colorado Springs, his radio will automatically switch to the Colorado Springs Simulcast when he gets close to Manitou Springs.

Quote:
The old Zone 4 sites of Airport, Austin Bluffs, Cedar Heights, Ski Summit, Stanley Canyon, and Templeton Gap were merged into a single simulcast site which is in the database as Colorado Springs Simulcast.

Cheyenne Mountain was moved to Zone 6 along with other sites in southeastern Colorado.

Quote:
You will need to connect your HP1 to your computer and update the the onboard database.

See this video: HomePatrol-1 Updating Your Database

This will not work if you have created a custom favorites list. You will need to manually go into the favorites list and add/remove the sites.

Quote:
The only scanner that is available today is the Uniden SDS100. Whistler is currently designing the TRX-100 and TRX-200 to handle simulcast, but they will not be released until next year.
Old 12-05-2018, 9:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVFC462 View Post
Might want to put this in the Texas group?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
He said colorado,Texas will do him no good

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sponsored links
Old 12-06-2018, 7:59 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Thumbs up

Great answers, Spitfire. Thanks for sharing your knowledge.

Josh