New EDACS system (site)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
There is a new EDACS site on the air. It's on Wheatridge's old channels. I believe this is for West Metro Fire improved coverage and will work as a multicast setup with the Green Mnt. site. I can't remember where it was going to go, maybe Guy Hill. Minimal traffic so far.

LCN:

1 - 866.0875
2 - 866.3375
3 - 867.4375
4 - 867.75
5 - 868.2125

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
logitec said:
There is a new EDACS site on the air. It's on Wheatridge's old channels. I believe this is for West Metro Fire improved coverage and will work as a multicast setup with the Green Mnt. site. I can't remember where it was going to go, maybe Guy Hill. Minimal traffic so far.

LCN:

1 - 866.0875
2 - 866.3375
3 - 867.4375
4 - 867.75
5 - 868.2125

OK added it to the programming bank, very clear here on the west side of town and control channel is LCN 2 today.

But no traffic in the last 2 hours so far.

Jim<

cl

So if I listen to West Metro, do I add these in another bank and scan? This is a different system used by WM?

Thanks

SCPD

QRT
You should be able to listen to them on the Lakewood system still. This new site will be to help them with coverage. Their radios will use the strongest site automatically. Once they start using it you should be able to listen to WMF on either site, but the Green Mtn. site will probably still be the best site because you can listen to all the other users too.

Time will tell if I'm even right. They have only done testing on it so far. All of the WMF radios need to be reprogrammed before they can start using it full time.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
From tech radio traffic this site is on Mt Morisson. Same as Denver.

Ironic in that Wheatridge originally planned to operate on the Denver system.

Phil.

Thayne

I wonder if it will be incorporated into Lakewoods' system; and also if they are Co-Located in the Denver Mount Morrison site? Anybody know anything?--

SCPD

QRT
My understanding is that it will be tied with Lakewood's system, but only for certain users (WMF). In other words WMF will use both sites, but everyone else will use just the one. It does only have 5 channels right now, so they can't let everyone on it.

MikeyB

logitec said:
My understanding is that it will be tied with Lakewood's system, but only for certain users (WMF). In other words WMF will use both sites, but everyone else will use just the one. It does only have 5 channels right now, so they can't let everyone on it.

How does this tie in with Lakewood supposedly going to ESK? I thought that was to happen several months ago. Perhaps this new site won't be and we'll still be able to listen to WMF but not LPD?

SCPD

QRT
MikeyB said:
How does this tie in with Lakewood supposedly going to ESK? I thought that was to happen several months ago. Perhaps this new site won't be and we'll still be able to listen to WMF but not LPD?

Good question. Once the radios are set up, that nasty feature can be turned on and off at will. As far as I know, it can be activated on a per site basis. I don't know what the plans are for ESK, but knowing Lakewood in the past, they would prefer to go dark. I don't know if they would keep WMF open.

Thayne

The word is that Lakewood will be doing ESK for sure, which will pull Denver in that direction once they have all ESK capable field Equipment. I hope they don't do ProVoice too. So far Aurora is leaving the ProVoice off--I don't think it plays well with so many simulcast sites like they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.