Police pursuit leads to fatality

Status
Not open for further replies.

funcritter

Tonight, at the intersection of 72nd and Pecos, an Adams County Sheriffs patrol car was involved in an accident during a police chase. The police car ran through the red light turning westbound on Pecos when he collided with another vehicle who didn't see the officer run the light. The police car ended up in the bushes bordering the 7-11 store there. This was at about PM.

The vehicle the police were chasing continued a block west to Samuel drive where it turned South and wound it's way back to Pecos at Samuel drive. There, the vehicle ran the red light, striking a pedestrian who was in the intersection, killing the pedestrian.

The ambulance and fire truck that responded to assist the officer, left this accident to respond to the fatality moments later.

I have no other details on this yet as this was what I know, I work across the street from the 7-11 at the Pizza Hut. I'm sure details will be released on all the websites in the morning.

eyes00only

Good post. It really sucks when some a-hole kills an innocent person. I hope they catch the bad guy, and let the victims family run over him in their cars!

Jerry

funcritter

Well below is the story about the pedestrian being hit by the car but I have found no news reports about the accident at 72nd and Pecos. I wonder why it's being ignored.

ADAMS COUNTY - Police responded to a fatal hit and run crash Friday night in the 6900 block of Pecos Street.

An unknown vehicle struck and killed 43-year-old Gary Vigil of Commerce City, according to police.
Police said that Vigil was walking across the northbound traffic lanes of Pecos Street when he was hit. Vigil was pronounced dead at the scene according to police.
Anyone with information is asked to call police at 303-239-4501.

Last edited:

funcritter

Tonight when I went into work, taped to the wall next to the main door was a note from a Adams County Sherrifs officer who wrote a note asking that if any delivery drivers had seen what happened on Friday night to give them a call. I forgot to write the number down with it being a Friday night and all but I'll have to get it tomorrow Saturday night.

I just hate having to drive all the way to Brighton if I get called to be a witness or anything. It's kind of a long drive.

funcritter

STiMULi said:
What started the pursuit?

I really have no clue, I was returning back to the store from a delivery and that's when I saw the vehicle go through the intersection with a Sheriff right behind him, then the collision happened with a big SUV. Both vehicles went away on flatbeds.

eyes00only

funcritter said:
I just hate having to drive all the way to Brighton if I get called to be a witness or anything. It's kind of a long drive.

Gee, it's only a ten minute drive. I'll pay for the gas if you help nail the a-hole who did the crime.
I plan on getting to the meeting Sunday, but could end up working. I have been to one meeting, and the people & the host (Luke) are GREAT.

Jerry

funcritter

eyes00only said:
Gee, it's only a ten minute drive. I'll pay for the gas if you help nail the a-hole who did the crime.
I plan on getting to the meeting Sunday, but could end up working. I have been to one meeting, and the people & the host (Luke) are GREAT.

Jerry

Of course I'll go if I have too, if it helps them out, it helps them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.