State Parks Channel Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

skipshark773

The other day I was listening to the Chatfield SP Ops talkgroup (2372) and heard it referred to as "Channel 6". Does anybody happen to know how State Parks/DOW radios are set up channel/talkgroup wise? I'm sure it varies locally and from park unit to park unit, but it would be interesting to know what other agencies and channels they have programmed into their pac-sets.

Thanks for any info!

M

mpg0515

skipshark773 said:
The other day I was listening to the Chatfield SP Ops talkgroup (2372) and heard it referred to as "Channel 6". Does anybody happen to know how State Parks/DOW radios are set up channel/talkgroup wise? I'm sure it varies locally and from park unit to park unit, but it would be interesting to know what other agencies and channels they have programmed into their pac-sets.

Thanks for any info!

I don't know if this will help you, but Lory SP still uses VHF (151.280 w/ 123.0pl). They have not seemed to use DTRS hardly at all... Which kind of makes sense, when they have an emergent call they still are dispatched by LCSO same with Boyd SP. However Boyd uses DTRS all the time and they have the entrance attendant call in emergencies to LCSO. I remember at one point Boyd was carrying two pacsets one VHF and one DTRS.

lostguy

Lake Pueblo runs on 2680..and 2681 tac channel as well as 151.280. Incidently hearing traffic from there now about a possible oil spill, i think near the south marina. They have Pueblo SO on there vhf radios as well.

skipshark773

I knew that Lory still used VHF for their stuff and Ive heard Boyd units come up on LCSO. I suppose for park units in Larimer County, the switch over to DTRS doesn't make much sense since LCSO isnt on it. I was mostly curious about the metro area though, since it sounded like the Chatfield guys had other DTRS talkgroups programmed in, but Ill also give a listen to the old DNR VHF and see if theyre still using those down here too.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
skipshark773 said:
I knew that Lory still used VHF for their stuff and Ive heard Boyd units come up on LCSO. I suppose for park units in Larimer County, the switch over to DTRS doesn't make much sense since LCSO isnt on it. I was mostly curious about the metro area though, since it sounded like the Chatfield guys had other DTRS talkgroups programmed in, but Ill also give a listen to the old DNR VHF and see if theyre still using those down here too.

Chatfield has there talk groups and Littleton FD talkgroups along with the Rangers have CSP and JCSO and DCSO.

Jim<

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
Any idea who is using 151.460? Heard a base station over the weekend on it talking about "permits" while doing some conventional logging. Surprised that there is still some state parks ops on VHF this side of the mountains.

Phil.

resq197

I show 151.460 with a PL of 146.2 as Eldorado Canyon State Park. I haven't heard anything on it for a while, but given that Boulder County is still on VHF, I would suspect that it might still be used at least occasionally.

-Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.