Aurora Car Jacking

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick521

Did not see this one over the weekend, but thought I would post it.

Monday morning around 8:00 AM, two subjects car jack a vehicle from a Wal-Mart in Aurora. Suspect took female driver, later dropping victim off.

Suspect headed east on I-70 making it too Salina, KS where they are now residents of the Saline County Jail. Saline County Sheriff's Officer stopped the vehicle as they tried to enter back on to I-70 by using an exit ramp. Traffic stopped led to capture of two suspects from Aurora.

Personal note: I did think it was funny when an investigator asked me if I knew where Aurora was!!!! :)

rick521

Car Jacking Suspects to be returned to Colorado

KSAL - Web Page

A Saline County Sheriff Deputy making a routine traffic stop early Tuesday morning ended up catching suspects in a Colorado car jacking and kidnapping.

Sheriff Glen Kochanowski says that at around 1:40 in the morning Deputy Shawn Carnes stopped a car that was going the wrong way on the west bound exit ramp to Interstate 70 at Ohio Street. When Carnes checked the license plates of the car, he discovered that it was reported stolen in a car jacking in Aurora, Colorado.

He ended up arresting 21-year-old Jacob Schneider, 19-year-old Cody Harrison, and a 14-year-old girl who was a runaway. Kochanowski says that the men were allegedly involved in a car jacking at a Walmart parking lot Monday morning in Aurora, Colorado. They are accused of stealing an elderly woman’s car at knife point, tying her up, and leaving her behind.

Kochanowski says that all three will be extradited back to Colorado.

Status
Not open for further replies.