Aurora Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
I-225 off ramp to Colfax multi pt accident with one fatal, at least 9 others needing transport, including 6 kids to Children's. Air Life activated and interesting that DG Amb actually arrived first and assumed command on Denver's MCI ops channel.

Jim<

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
(CBS4) AURORA, Colo. One child was killed in a car accident that had an exit ramp of Interstate 225 closed Friday night.

Investigators said a car with one adult and eight young children crashed into a pole near I-225 and Colfax.

Police said the car was seated for 5 people and none of the nine appeared to have been wearing seatbelts.

"Obviously there's too many people in the vehicle," said Lt. Rob McGregor with Aurora Police. "It doesn't appear at this time that any of them were restrained. We'll continue the investigation to figure out if that's the case."

Police also said there were two 12-year olds and the rest of the passengers were under the age of 10.

The adult female driver and seven of the children who survived the crash were in critical condition.

The name of the victim who died had not yet been released.

Last edited:

n0doz

The DHMC unit had just left Fitz and either saw the crash or came across it immediately after. They called for help on their own channel.

RISC777

People, such as the operator of the vehicle in this incident, give me a dim view of American society in general.

WX5JCH

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Same here, I wasn't trying to make light of the situation, I had just written a book on that subject in Texas, and it caught my eye. I'm so sorry for their loss.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.