700 mhz questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfab

Just some random thoughts I've had...

1. When can we expect a db for this system?

2. Would it be wise to sell the Pro 96 for the Handheld Uniden(what's the model number again?)?

3.Who/When are departments switching? Who is on now?

4.Is RS going to come out with a 700 mhz radio?

5. If Thornton switched, wouldn't all of ADCOM go?

6. How different is 700mhz from 800mhz? Pros and Cons?

7. When can we expect an online feed?

Thank you much!!

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
I guess when the site comes out of test, although I could add it to the DBif any one wants. Let me know.

2. Would it be wise to sell the Pro 96 for the Handheld Uniden(what's the model number again?)?
If you have a huge need to listen to the 700 right now, YES. However from what I have seen, any agency that is on the 700Mhz sites are also on the 800 for now.

The other thread that has been locked had what agencies were on that tower. You can still view if you wish. I think someone could post an updated all TG list that they have logged.

Yes, but when, I can't say. It's in the works but RS has not given a release date. They are being very tight liped about it.

6. How different is 700mhz from 800mhz?
100Mhz :twisted: 700Mhz is less crowded right now.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
The other thing to remember is we have no evidence yet of any department completely switching most Adams County agencies are simucasting currently but they can still be heard on both 800MHz control channels and 700MHz ones as well.

It also really not that new site 170 and 171 was been on the air downtown for over a year and primarily handle CSP units at the Capital and the Auraria PD.

One other point that I've heard is much of the expansion of DTRS at least on zone 1 are going to be 700 sites or at least combination sites going to be very intersting when the two Boulder sites and Ft Lupton come on line in the next few months I would expect as least a combination 700/800freqs and Ft Lupton may even be just like site 322, all 700.

Jim<

Last edited:

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
jfab said:
Just some random thoughts I've had...

Tower file for Site 322 has already been posted, that's all you need to monitor the system.

No

No one formally switching but most Weld and Adams County departments except for North Metro FD and Broomfield Pd have 800/700 radios and have been logged on the 700 CC.

Yes sometime

5. If Thornton switched, wouldn't all of ADCOM go?

Thornton is still simucast.

6. How different is 700mhz from 800mhz? Pros and Cons?

More available frequencies if you want to add another few frequencies on the Mead site for example it would be much easier to obtain and license 700 ones rather than 800.

7. When can we expect an online feed?

No need at this point because everyone is simucast if anyone switches completely, which I don't expect with a single 700 site currently I will add a feed.

Jim<

Steve2003

I would guess that when they start re-banding they might add some 700 frequencies to various towers. I also think the Boulder sites are going to have some 700 mHz as well. Boulder County agencies will not jump on DTRS for various reasons, one of them being the lack of performance of 800 mHz in the mountains. I would not be suprised if CCNC tries to convince them that 700 mHz performs better in the mountains.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
Steve2003 said:
I would guess that when they start re-banding they might add some 700 frequencies to various towers. I also think the Boulder sites are going to have some 700 mHz as well. Boulder County agencies will not jump on DTRS for various reasons, one of them being the lack of performance of 800 mHz in the mountains. I would not be suprised if CCNC tries to convince them that 700 mHz performs better in the mountains.

I wouldn't count on any upgrades being done on Sprint/Nextels dime. I was told by our people that Sprint/Nextel will only pay for rebanding "in kind". In other words, they'll pay for rebanding, but they are not going to pay for anything else. I would think that moving to or adding 700mhz freqs requires more than some flashing of equipment. I'm sure there are numerous hardware changes to be made, and seriously doubt they'll pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.