new co p25 system/site ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevedaisy

hello colorado. i have been enjoying reading the posts here for a long time but have not contributed anything till now. this is a great group of people and i enjoy reading your posts.

anyway, i am in the colorado springs area and i am hearing a new p25 system all over the area on 856.2375, 9600 baud control channel. i do not hear any voice traffic but i see some radio affiliations for time to time. is anyone else hearing this system? i'm curious how far away people are hearing it as it might point to where the system is located. sorry, but i do not remember the site id.

steve

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
Info Please

Welcome to rr. If you can get any info for this please post it. I am very active in the c/s area along with bobfireman in gathering info. What you might be hearing is the new El Paso System coming up. Thanks Mark P.S. are you with any emergency services in the area?

Last edited:

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
There does appear to be a single site up in full P25 mode, however it is in "Site Trunking" mode, so it's not linked to any other sites. I think Mark has more info and he'll probably post it when he gets a chance.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
stevedaisy said:
is anyone hearing it in the castle rock or denver area? how about pueblo?

Nothing in the Denver Metro area, think it's an El Paso County site.

Jim<

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
It is an El Paso County system site, and if it's where I think it is, you won't be able to hear it that far north or south.

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
This is a temp site for comms between the hosp and ambos/fd units during the tranistion between the systems. The tower is loacated at the ski summit site. Thanks Mark

stevedaisy

mpdonala, thank you for the information. so, why just ambu/fd/hosp? how sure are you that it is at ski summit (just a humble question). wondering if this is a guess or you know an insider from some department.

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
jimmnn said:
Nothing in the Denver Metro area, think it's an El Paso County site.
Not to mention that CC freq is the same as one of the Denver PS EDACS freqs.

Anyone manage to log the SYS ID yet?

Phil.

stevedaisy

firescannerbob said:
There does appear to be a single site up in full P25 mode, however it is in "Site Trunking" mode, so it's not linked to any other sites. I think Mark has more info and he'll probably post it when he gets a chance.

bob, not trying to be a newbie, but what is "site trunking" and how do you know that a site is in that mode(??) does your scanner show you something?

steve

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
stevedaisy said:
bob, not trying to be a newbie, but what is "site trunking" and how do you know that a site is in that mode(??) does your scanner show you something?

steve

Site Trunking is when the site is active but is NOT linked to other sites on the system. When in that mode you can only talk to other users who are able to hit that site.
That mode does not show up on scanners, but it does show up (along with an audio alert) on my department issued HT.

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
scanlist said:
Not to mention that CC freq is the same as one of the Denver PS EDACS freqs.

Anyone manage to log the SYS ID yet?

Phil.
I'm going to try and do some logging tonight, but since it's in Site Trunking mode (see my other reply above) don't expect too much...

stevedaisy

lots of 'tech' chat today on talkgroup 4941. said they had the site out of site trunking and doing more testing

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
My info is not a guess it is accurate I will say it is from a reliable source. Bob's and I can usually get the inside scoop. Enough said. Sorry have to protect sources. Mark

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
stevedaisy said:
lots of 'tech' chat today on talkgroup 4941. said they had the site out of site trunking and doing more testing
I'll check it tomorrow and see if it is indeed in "Site Trunking" or not. The system has NOT been changed over yet (radios are still being re-programmed).

Last edited:

stevedaisy

mpdonala said:
My info is not a guess it is accurate I will say it is from a reliable source. Bob's and I can usually get the inside scoop. Enough said. Sorry have to protect sources. Mark

mark, with much humility, let me ask you what you mean, "my info"

looks like whatever you were going to list did not make it into the post

did you hear them?

mpdonala

Premium Subscriber
You asked in one of your post if I was sure about the ski summit for the temp site. I was replying to that. Thanks Mark

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
stevedaisy said:
The site has been in and out of site trunking this morning. However, it's really doing much. Some traffic on one of the TG's I was listening to on my scanner was not coming over my HT, so I'm guessing just some testing.

stevedaisy

i hear people call on various unknown talkgroups on this new site but no one ever answers them

firescannerbob

Feed Provider
stevedaisy said:
i hear people call on various unknown talkgroups on this new site but no one ever answers them
Thats cause the system isn't up, so there is no one there to listen!

Status
Not open for further replies.