Question on monitoring DTRS sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
So, my 996 arrived today and I dumped in the ARC996 file I built over the weekend. When I built the file, I used all the DTRS sites marked as Metro to monitor. I'm located in Thornton and I'm wondering if I should "drop back" to sites within a tighter radius rather than monitoring all "metro" sites?

Currently, I have CSP 1D, 3A, and all of 6 programmed. In addition, I have JeffCo and its munis and Adams and its munis. I thought that adding all metro sites would pretty much cover it, but shoud I dump the ones like Smoky Hill and Arapahoe where it concerns North and West TGs? The reason I wonder is Thornton PD comes up on Smoky for instance and I don't get the entire transmission.

Last edited:

Thayne

If you are going to be monitoring from one place, then you can dump off a few sites and get better results.
Why don't you listen for a week or so and then you will have a better idea of what works best for you. If you are using it mobile then you probably wont want to take them out, but so much depends on how you programmed the talkgroups--Everyone has their own ideas.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
I'll be mobile most of the time, so maybe I'll leave them in. Also, I had the WX priority ON, so that would affect the audio dropping on the TGs every 5 secs (thats the WX priority interval).

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.