Buckhorn control channel

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFRfreak

Lately I've been scanning zone 2 sites with my Pro-96 in open mode. The thing that I don't understand is that I'm in Fort Collins and I'm able to pick up DCSO Main (1033) off of the Buckhorn control channel (868.26250) very frequently. Doesn't DCSO just affiliate with zone 1 sites? Why would they affiliate with a site way the hell up here in Fort Collins?

Thanks,

LFRfreak

scanlist

Scanning since the 70's to today.
The wide coverage sites typically allow most everyone on them for roaming purposes and no an agency is not resticted to it's home zone on this system. Most of the time when you see a distant county TG on a site it's a good bet that a prisoner transport from that county is in the area.

For datainmotion: It's way easier to use PRO96COM to log TG denials for a site than it is for who is allowed on a site. Best example is Thorodin where all Arapahoe County agencies and Larimer DTRS user are denied.

Phil.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
LFRfreak said:
Lately I've been scanning zone 2 sites with my Pro-96 in open mode. The thing that I don't understand is that I'm in Fort Collins and I'm able to pick up DCSO Main (1033) off of the Buckhorn control channel (868.26250) very frequently. Doesn't DCSO just affiliate with zone 1 sites? Why would they affiliate with a site way the hell up here in Fort Collins?

Thanks,

LFRfreak

No DCSO and other agencies affilliate with any site there near, zone 1, 2, 3 or in 2007 zone 4 as long as there not banned from that site.

Like Phil says prisoner transport or in the Buckhorn case since it happens often I would say a DCSO deputy lives in Larimer County.

Jim<

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Phil!
Just trying to make decisions here on the new 996. I think right now logging IDs from a static location may be my best bet.

scanlist

As Jim mentioned in another thread there have been some very interesting changes in the past several days with sites now starting to block TG's that were normally allowed and the neighbor site data being broadcast on sites up here as well.

Time to start watching the affiliation logs to make sure who you want to listen to is not being blocked on your sites of choice in your scanlists.

So far the only agencies showing up on the 700 side is Capitol police, Auraria, Cherry Creek School District, Adams county DTRS agencies and Weld DTRS agencies.

Phil.

scanlist

Or getting a new scanlist out for that matter. I've been slacking this year.

Things seem to be in flux this week with the allow/deny site settings on a couple of towers. Sometimes you gotta wonder what the minds of the CCNC folks are thinking.

Lookout was the best for having a Metrowide everybody bank/system till they started the TG denial nonsense.

Phil.

Status
Not open for further replies.