Aurora's Hammer

Status
Not open for further replies.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Today outside of Aurora station 11 I saw Aurora's Hazmat rig. It looked pretty new. I have never heard a hazmat rig or hammer on the radio for Aurora. Have they always had this rig or is it in fact new? Does anyone know what station is sits at? Is it staffed 24/7 or cross staffed?

Also, there was a new looking rescue rig which I am guessing was Squad 14. It looked like a very modern version of "squad 51". It was not marked with a station number so I am just guessing that it is the new squad at 14's. Does anyone know more about his rig also?

RISC777

Similar, but Off Topic: Saw on Colorado Blvd up in Thornton a new, all white, un-marked, stickered, etc. ALS rescue rig, lights going...I wonder who's that one is. It did look good, though.

MikeyB

k0pwo said:
Today outside of Aurora station 11 I saw Aurora's Hazmat rig. It looked pretty new. I have never heard a hazmat rig or hammer on the radio for Aurora. Have they always had this rig or is it in fact new? Does anyone know what station is sits at? Is it staffed 24/7 or cross staffed?

Also, there was a new looking rescue rig which I am guessing was Squad 14. It looked like a very modern version of "squad 51". It was not marked with a station number so I am just guessing that it is the new squad at 14's. Does anyone know more about his rig also?

Aurora has always had a Hamer. It used to run from station 2, don't know if it still does. It used to be cross-staffed by Truck 2, I believe.

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
Ok. I didn't know that. I have just never seen the truck before. Aurora use to have a heavy resuce truck. On the radio I think they called it "HR-8". Do they still have that truck and if so, I assume that it is also crossed staffed. Does anyone know for sure?

rescueeagle

Premium Subscriber
Hey guys,
Yup it's still Hammer 2 and cross staffed by Truck 2. Let me tell you what it is one sweet rig. Its a 2004 I believe. As far as the heavy rescue is concerned It is still out at 8's but it is either cross staffed by engine or truck 8 depending on the call. Squad 14 is a pretty neat looking rig for what it is. It is very similar to the Arson Investigation truck that A1 drives!! and I think it has had 2 calls!!! :)

k0pwo

Premium Subscriber
I think squad 14 has had several more runs than 2 since going in service. I have heard it run back to back calls just in one afternoon. True it hasn't had many, but it will continue to get busier.

So answer me this, if there is a run for heavy rescue 8 and the paramedic and a firefighter is down at south with the ambulance, truck 8 is out on a run. Then what use is the HR. Same senario with the hammer and station 2.

Oh yeah, we already covered this in another thread. Gee keep up the good work Aurora with your response plan. :)

Dave

rfburns

Aurora got their first Hazmat rig in late Winter or early Spring of 1981. It was originally housed at Station 8.

Status
Not open for further replies.